Need Some Help

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Need Some Help

@notfancy wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@notfancy wrote:

I think you're safe to apply for both the cards you listed. All we need is for CreditAddict to come here and say "do it! do it now!!!!" and you'll really know you're good to go lol.

DO IT! DO IT NOW!!

I literally LOLd

Smiley Tongue

Message 11 of 23
AAstra
Regular Contributor

Too funny Creditaddict, gave me a good laugh at work, so thanks. Glad to have some more responses...I love this forum.

How do you execute a spree? Just have all the apps filled out in different windows or tabs of the browser and hit apply all at once?

FICO - TU: 815 | EQ: 793 | EX: 813

Sears MasterCard: $13k (1/2013)
Capital One Venture One Visa Signature: $10k (7/2015)
Amex BCE: $9.8k (3/2014)
Amex Corporate: NPSL
Chase Freedom Visa Signature: $9.5k (3/2014)
Discover it: $9.5k (3/2014)
Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards: $2.65k (6/2013)
Message 12 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@dbutz1109 wrote:

Too funny Creditaddict, gave me a good laugh at work, so thanks. Glad to have some more responses...I love this forum.

How do you execute a spree? Just have all the apps filled out in different windows or tabs of the browser and hit apply all at once?

no, it doesn't have to be that instant... just apply and then type in next card site and apply, and repeat all in same browser is fine.

but don't apply for 1 and get further processing or denied and stopp applying... pick what you are going to apply for and keep going... then you can go back and call the backdoor and recon or verify.... if you are asked to call in on one of the apps, I would stop and do that... usually just security and they will issue approval right then.

the only one that would be hard or not possible to recon will be amex, chase is EASY to recon and they are very good about it and discover is okay.

Would these 2 or 3 cards cover all your needs?

Message 13 of 23
AAstra
Regular Contributor

I've just heard with app sprees that you want to get all the apps in before the one posts and another company sees it (ie apply to AMEX, then Discover, and Discover sees the AMEX app). I'm not sure how quickly they all post though to the CRA's. I'm a noob haha.

All three of those cards would definitely cover my needs. I spend a lot on gas and going out. I actually think getting all three may be pointless since I probably wouldn't be able to run enough through all three to make the rewards useful. I think I'd be better of picking one, maybe two, and just using it for everything to maximize the benefits. Now the question becomes which one?

I also wouldn't mind getting into some other cards...maybe for travel miles, etc.

Message 14 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@dbutz1109 wrote:

I've just heard with app sprees that you want to get all the apps in before the one posts and another company sees it (ie apply to AMEX, then Discover, and Discover sees the AMEX app). I'm not sure how quickly they all post though to the CRA's. I'm a noob haha.

All three of those cards would definitely cover my needs. I spend a lot on gas and going out. I actually think getting all three may be pointless since I probably wouldn't be able to run enough through all three to make the rewards useful. I think I'd be better of picking one, maybe two, and just using it for everything to maximize the benefits. Now the question becomes which one?

I also wouldn't mind getting into some other cards...maybe for travel miles, etc.

If you apply for Amex and they pull EX (98% of time) and then you apply for something else that pulls EX, the INQ will be there already, but the account might take a month or more to start reporting on your reports.

well if you want main card I would look at the Fidelity American Express because it's 2% on everything.

Then you could have your Discover it for the rotating 5% categories or Chase Freedom for almost same rotating 5% categories and backup when Amex is not taken.

Message 15 of 23
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@dbutz1109 wrote:

That is something of an old wive's tale lol.  Inquires update pretty instantly no matter how  fancy you try to do your apping.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 16 of 23
AAstra
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the advice guys. I just paid off the last $200 of my Barclay's card. I'll wait until the 24th when my statement closes with the $0 balance and apply.

Now I just have to worry about Barclays closing my account hahaha.

Message 17 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@dbutz1109 wrote:

Thanks for the advice guys. I just paid off the last $200 of my Barclay's card. I'll wait until the 24th when my statement closes with the $0 balance and apply.

Now I just have to worry about Barclays closing my account hahaha.

if that is the only balance you currently have reporting I would actually apply now... a complete 0% util will be less favorable then the 10%

Message 18 of 23
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@notfancy wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@notfancy wrote:

I think you're safe to apply for both the cards you listed. All we need is for CreditAddict to come here and say "do it! do it now!!!!" and you'll really know you're good to go lol.

DO IT! DO IT NOW!!

I literally LOLd

Yes, that's Creditaddict's signature line...It has to be in bold, too! 

My signature response line:  LOL

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 19 of 23
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

@notfancy wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@notfancy wrote:

DO IT! DO IT NOW!!

I literally LOLd

Yes, that's Creditaddict's signature line...It has to be in bold, too! 

My signature response line:  LOL

lol yes it is... and I have yet to see him miss as long as he's talking about someone else apping, and not him! (poor guy!)

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.