Senior Contributor
yudeology101

Re: Need Some Help

Creditaddict wrote:

Oh and I recommend Amex BCE or BCP if you can make it worth it, Discover it, and Freedom all at once :smileyhappy:

+1  Your profile looks good in my book, it's up to you if you wanna pull the trigger.  I would agree w/ Credit on these cards, in case you're not sure about BCE or BCP, here's a helpful thread...don't be like me and app for the WRONG product (I thought i was applying for BCP but somehow ended up getting approved for BCE...don't ask me what happened lol)

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/AMEX-BCE-BCP/td-p/1612094

Anyways,  Discover is good w/ their rotating 5% cashback categories, plus the free TU FICO scores, same as Freedom w/o the FICO scores. 

Best of luck to you, keep us updated.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +13more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 9/12/14*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 as of 12-12-13)
New Contributor
dbutz1109

[ Edited ]

I actually have my other card showing ~$590/$5000. So once my statement cut comes out from Barclay on the 24th I'll be showing:

$0/$2000 Barclay

$590/$5000 Citi Sears

As someone said earlier having one line at $0 would be good. I've seen that suggestion a lot too. Any truth to it? When I app I'll be at ~10% utilization and one of two lines at $0 balance.

Also, thinking of apping Discover or Freedom (not sure which one) and then Amex BCE. I figure I can use the BCE for 2% gas when one of the 5% revolvers isn't offering a gas category and also get 3% on groceries.

FICO - TU: 752 | EQ: 745 | EX: 734
FAKO - EX: 722 | TU: 723
Chase Freedom Visa Signature: $7k | Amex BCE: $7k | Amex Corporate: NPSL | Discover it: $5.5k | Sears MasterCard: $3k | Barclays Visa Financing (Apple): $2k
Started Gardening: 03/05/2014 | In the Garden 'til: 03/05/2016 | Goal: 750 across the board, all inquires off my CRs
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

dbutz1109 wrote:

@Creditaddict...I actually have my other card showing ~$590/$5000. So once my statement cut comes out from Barclay on the 24th I'll be showing:

$0/$2000 Barclay

$590/$5000 Citi Sears

As someone said earlier having one line at $0 would be good. I've seen that suggestion a lot too. Any truth to it? When I app I'll be at ~10% utilization and one of two lines at $0 balance.

Also, thinking of apping Discover or Freedom (not sure which one) and then Amex BCE. I figure I can use the BCE for 2% gas when one of the 5% revolvers isn't offering a gas category and also get 3% on groceries.

If it's one or other on freedom and discover, I rather freedom for the almost 100% visa acceptance

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}