Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a Duplicate CapOne Card

tag
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

Need a Duplicate CapOne Card

Sup peeps,

Quick question: I almost feel silly asking such a seemingly obvious question. I'd like to get a duplicate of my Venture card to give to my g/f when she picks up stuff for me. I can't find a spot on CapOne's site to request a simple duplicate. It only lists that option for replacement cards primarily due to being damaged or stolen. What's the best way to get a duplicate so they will both be active? Will they allow me to have two identical cards active without an AU? Don't want to add her as an authorized user. It's just a temporary thing. Thanks!

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need a Duplicate CapOne Card

Make yourself an AU. Idk how cap does it but with chase I just used my Nickname as the firstname and my actual last name. You can use your dogs name, Erik/eric , Mike/Michael, John/Jon. Chase doesn't question it unless you give them a reason, I'd imagine cap does the same

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I remember correctly from CAPITAL one they'll send in a replacement card with same account number expiration and 3 digits on back but only if you report damaged/misplaced card DO NOT REPORT LOST/STOLEN CARD your whole account number will be changed and your CR will have another account of the same it looks sloppy in eyes
Message 3 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Request a new image 

Both cards will be live 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@myjourney wrote:

Request a new image 

Both cards will be live 

That's surely the easiest way to do it.

Message 5 of 9
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
If I remember correctly from CAPITAL one they'll send in a replacement card with same account number expiration and 3 digits on back but only if you report damaged/misplaced card DO NOT REPORT LOST/STOLEN CARD your whole account number will be changed and your CR will have another account of the same it looks sloppy in eyes

+1

This has worked for me in the past... the new card was exactly like the old one, including expiration date and CVV digits.

If you decide to call, it's important that you don't say 'misplaced', since that will be handled like a lost card and will get you a new account number.

Here's what it looks like if you do it online:

caplost.jpg

Message 6 of 9
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I have several of each account.

"Chip is Scratched"

or just create custom card.

CID on back stays the same.  Exact same card.

My wife has copy of both my Cap Ones with her signature on back and not AU.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 7 of 9
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

Thanks guys! I followed UncleB's advice and just clicked request a replacement. There are 4 steps the last being confirm. Wouldn't you know my wifi cuts out right before the last step. Comcast is such a pain. I've replaced the modem/router with the highest they offer and still same crap. Cuts out for a few seconds to a minute several times an hour Smiley Mad. Anyway, I went to refresh and re-do the steps but it wouldn't allow me saying it had already been sent. So I had to chat to make sure it really processed correctly but I should have it they said in 2-3 days FedEx. I was surprised. Usually they send it in 7-10 days regular mail. Is this due to it be a Venture Sig??

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 8 of 9
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Credit_hawk wrote:

Thanks guys! I followed UncleB's advice and just clicked request a replacement. There are 4 steps the last being confirm. Wouldn't you know my wifi cuts out right before the last step. Comcast is such a pain. I've replaced the modem/router with the highest they offer and still same crap. Cuts out for a few seconds to a minute several times an hour Smiley Mad. Anyway, I went to refresh and re-do the steps but it wouldn't allow me saying it had already been sent. So I had to chat to make sure it really processed correctly but I should have it they said in 2-3 days FedEx. I was surprised. Usually they send it in 7-10 days regular mail. Is this due to it be a Venture Sig??

That's an excellent question... when I requested a replacement card last year (so I would get one with a chip) it was sent USPS regular mail. 

If you do end up getting yours FedEx it could very well be because it's a Venture... let us know how it ends up shipping!  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.