cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a List of CC's with a Minimum $5k Starting Limit?

tag
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Re: Need a List of CC's with a Minimum $5k Starting Limit?

Maybe we should rephrase the question, it seems to stil be gardering confusions.

Which credit cards require a minimun starting credit line of $5k+ to be approved. (If you are not eligible for $5k + for this card you will be declined)

Ones that I can think of and may be listed already, Chase Shapphire Preffered, Chase Ink Bold, Chase Ink Plus,

Message 21 of 27
sr383
Regular Contributor

I think the US Bank Cash+ meets your criteria, but if they decline you, they'll issue a lesser card. ...
Costco TrueEarningsSallie Mae MasterCardDiscover itUS Bank Cash+Chase SlateBlue Cash EverydayFidelity VisaTU-803/EQ-808/EX-800
Message 22 of 27
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@sr383 wrote:
I think the US Bank Cash+ meets your criteria, but if they decline you, they'll issue a lesser card. ...

Then that doesn't really meet the criteria. The OP wants to know which cards would decline you flat out for anything less than a $5000 CL rather than issue a lesser card.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 23 of 27
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@sr383 wrote:

Then that doesn't really meet the criteria. The OP wants to know which cards would decline you flat out for anything less than a $5000 CL rather than issue a lesser card.

The OP really must read the T&C of any card before submitting an app. US Bank is not the only card that when you app for one card (Cash + Siggy), you may be approved for a Platinum card with a lower limit instead (BOA, Citi, Barclays, Cap One, Chase) all have similar language in some of there apps. Also, just because something says Visa Siggy or WMC does not mean they WILL give you a 5k limit if approved, just ask the person who posted recently about the Cap One GM WMC (approved with $600 limit). Stories of this abound.

No approval is set in stone unless the T&C actually state limits from 5k and up, usually they don't they say limits up to XXXX amount. YMMV.

For example, in the SW Premier Visa Siggy app, the following language appears:

Before we approve you for a credit card, we will review your credit report and the information you provide with your response to confirm that you meet the criteria for this offer. Based on this review, you may receive a Classic card with different benefits, or you may not receive a card.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 24 of 27
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

From my own experience I would be careful with Chase Freedom and Discover IT if looking for a min 5K limit - usually Siggy and WMC are from 5K but of course not  guaranteed

Message 25 of 27
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

Maybe we should rephrase the question, it seems to stil be gardering confusions.

Which credit cards require a minimun starting credit line of $5k+ to be approved. (If you are not eligible for $5k + for this card you will be declined)

Ones that I can think of and may be listed already, Chase Shapphire Preffered, Chase Ink Bold, Chase Ink Plus,

JP Morgan Select Signature Visa.  $5K starting CL.  That is what they told me when I got approved. 

EDIT:  Also, when I got my Merrill + card, they specifically asked me if a starting CL of $10K was enough.  I don't know for a fact, however, if they do this for every applicant.

Message 26 of 27
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

From what I understand, Chase MileagePlus Club is $8K min.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.