Did you mean: 

Need a Secured Card that reports to all 3 - Don't care about anything else

tag
dude11
Regular Contributor

Re: Need a Secured Card that reports to all 3 - Don't care about anything else

@jmcmillan wrote:

@dude11 wrote:

As far as adding additional deposits with US Bank secured card I was told by 2 CSRs that it can be done. They will allow you to add an additional deposit after you have had the card for 6 months with good payment history (not going over the limit and paying on time). However, one of them said it was going to be a hard pull when adding an additional deposit. The other CSR did not say whether it would be a soft or hard pull.

Hope this helps!

Are you sure about the hard pull? I've done a lot of research on this card and I have never heard anything about pulling credit when adding deposit. That's only with Bank of America.

I'm just going by what the CSRs told me. I have not tried adding an additional deposit myself. Do you have one of these cards and if so have you added an additional deposit to it with no hard pull?

Message 11 of 14
jmcmillan
Frequent Contributor

@dude11 wrote:

I'm just going by what the CSRs told me. I have not tried adding an additional deposit myself. Do you have one of these cards and if so have you added an additional deposit to it with no hard pull?

Not yet, I'm applying for it soon, though; which is why I have done so much research on it.

Message 12 of 14
starting_over30
Established Member

I would be fine with $500, I really don't need more than that and can't afford it anyway, (still have old debts to pay off).  When I had a secured card previously it didn't take long to build my credit back up and start getting offers, - right before being laid off so I could start the whole thing all over again, woo hoo! lol

Anybody with a US Bank card know how the sky miles work?  They have a few different cards that generally look the same but offer different types of air miles.  Not that I can afford any vacations anytime soon, I was just curious what the catch is on those.

Message 13 of 14
jmcmillan
Frequent Contributor

@starting_over30 wrote:

Anybody with a US Bank card know how the sky miles work?  They have a few different cards that generally look the same but offer different types of air miles.  Not that I can afford any vacations anytime soon, I was just curious what the catch is on those.

It's just like the regular Skypass credit card. Their are many airlines involved with Skymiles, Delta is one in the US. It's one point per dollar and I think in my research, I found that you need at least maybe 20,000 points before you become eligible for free travel. The Skypass secured is also one of US Bank's highest annual fees, so keep that in mind. Also, be sure to read the information about the cards... Many of them are for "building" credit, and do not mention "rebuilding." I wanted the LANpass, but discovered it's not listed as "rebuilding." Smiley Sad

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.