Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a credit card 0 apr with high SL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need a credit card 0 apr with high SL

Hello everyone im looking for a card with 0% intro purchase apr with decent starting limit. Yes its probably stupid to ask since everyone starting limit will be different depend on income,history but in general which card gave you high starting credit limit?

Income 50,000
Fico -08
Ex 680 ( few months ago)
Tu 712 ( checked just few hours ago)
Eq ???
aoaa-9 months /oldest - 1yr 4months
And i currently have
Cap1 secured -500 (0/500)
Cap1 qs1 2000 ( receving cli next month) (133/2000)
Amazon store card -5000 ( 1300/5000)
Carecredit-5400 (800/5400)
Overall utlization (18%)
Out of this cards which one do you think that will give me at least 5k starting line?
amex blue cash everyday
Amex everyday
cap1 venture 1

Im going to apply when i receive cli from cap1 next month.

I have a upcoming payment of around 6-7000 for lawyer fee in few months and planning to travel in january.

I have the cash tobpay for everything but if i can i rather divide that up and pay monthly.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Need a credit card 0 apr with high SL

Might be easier to get high sl if you have cards already with high sls as some ccc's may adjust to compete but not sure if you will get the high limit you want right away. We have seen some apply for Amex and get a high sl but i guess it all depends how Amex views your profile. You can always try for Navy Fed and PenFed as if your profile supports it they seem to give out high sls. Good luck with your decisionSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 8
happypill
Valued Contributor

If your history with Capital One is clean, your best shot at a high limit is a Venture, but I don't think they have 0% intro rates on that card.  A Venture 1 or Quicksilver does have 0% intro, but based on what you've shared I would guess you'd get maybe a $3k limit on those.  if you have any derogs with Capital One I wouldn't try it.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel like you would have a better chance at a higher SL through a credit union. I've heard good things about NFCU. Amex can give decent SL's, but it all depends upon your profile. Both my BCP and ED card's started at 5k.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

dont you have to be in millitary or have family in military yo join nfcu? If thats the case thats no go for me.

And question about bce and bcp. Does bcp usually give higher starting limit since it has annual fee?
Like venture giving out higher limit than venture one
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually i think i will apply for venture and just PIF thats 40,000 miles +2% ( 12000-14000miles)= $520-540 i can use it for upcoming travel.
Just hoping they would give me SL of 10k (finger crossed)
Message 6 of 8
newhis
Valued Contributor

I have seen 3.5k limits with BCP, so I don't think there is much between BCE and BCP for SL. The good thing about Amex is that they grow fast.

Message 7 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

No you can get in Penfed and NavyFed by other means. Check out the monster threads on them here and youll find a way inSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.