Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a credit card!!!

tag
travelguru
New Contributor

Re: Need a credit card!!!

Thanks drkage! It is not a federal lein, it was a NC tax lein. Is there a form for that one? I applied for the AMEX Delta Skymiles last week, and was denied. Is there a number to call them regarding reconsidering me again?

Message 11 of 15
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@travelguru wrote:

Thanks drkage! It is not a federal lein, it was a NC tax lein. Is there a form for that one? I applied for the AMEX Delta Skymiles last week, and was denied. Is there a number to call them regarding reconsidering me again?

Some states have a way of removing it. You'd have to ask someone from NC to get the right direction.

There are "backdoor numbers" listed in a sticky for most of the companies. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 15
Lunacy123

I agree with paying your balance down on the Capital One first.  That should give a nice increase to your score, so let it report before you apply for anything. You should call American Express to see why they declined, and if they are willing to let you back in, provided you paid the charge off amount in full. And look into options for having the tax lien removed. While the Barclay Ring card is a low rate, I am not sure you would qualify with your baddies, even though they are paid.  You could however look through their website, and see if any of their other cards might interest you.  Be sure to apply for them last, and do NOT apply for anything else after them for six months.  As for what else to apply for, I would recommend DCU Credit Union and Walmart, as they provide monthly Equifax and Transunion FICO scores, after signing up for electronic statements.  Walmart is backed by GE Bank, which allows you to request a credit increase every four months, so even if it's not a big limit right away, it should build rather quickly. And DCU, in addition to the FICO, if you set up direct deposit, you may have it in your account up to two days early.  Good luck!

Message 13 of 15
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Amex charge .
If u don't carry balance......
Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 14 of 15
travelguru
New Contributor

I already had an Amex Delta Skymiles in the past, and messed it up. I don't think Amex will allow me to have one of their cards again. Please correct me if I am wrong. Are there any users on here who have had a NC tax lein removed after paid?

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.