Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a good balance transfer credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need a good balance transfer credit card

I currently have a Wells Fargo visa and their APR and Finance charges skyrocketed recently. They are charging me $31 a month, I'm not using it and just trying to pay it off.

I just tried applying for a credit card at Citibank which had a balance transfer for 0% for 12 months and my application needed further review. I also tried to transfer it to my other card that had no balance, and had a lower APR and no finance charges. But it said I was eligible.

I'm currently self-employed so I'm wondering if that's why.

I can't afford to keep paying the $30 in finance charges each month though.
I need to get out of that fast!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Need a good balance transfer credit card

call citibank back door number and check on your application first.

800-645-7240 

Message Edited by Creditaddict on 02-11-2009 07:32 AM
Message Edited by Creditaddict on 02-11-2009 07:32 AM
Message 2 of 10
oracles
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I currently have a Wells Fargo visa and their APR and Finance charges skyrocketed recently. They are charging me $31 a month, I'm not using it and just trying to pay it off.

I just tried applying for a credit card at Citibank which had a balance transfer for 0% for 12 months and my application needed further review. I also tried to transfer it to my other card that had no balance, and had a lower APR and no finance charges. But it said I was eligible.

I'm currently self-employed so I'm wondering if that's why.

I can't afford to keep paying the $30 in finance charges each month though.
I need to get out of that fast!

I am assuming you mean wasn't eligible.

What is the other card. Maybe you can call the backdoor number of this card and speak to a live person with a better ability to get you approved.

Let us know

HTH

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That phone number was for Citi business cards, and didn't have a record of my application.

Smiley Happy 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just noticed that my other card is a Sears Citibank mastercard, I only used it once and paid off the balance of $16 dollars. I noticed my credit limit was $8000, so I figured I could just transfer the amount from the Wells Fargo card and pay it off. But this is the one that said I wasn't eligible for a transfer.

Message 5 of 10
oracles
Valued Contributor

call this number Citi: 800-444-2568 (Retention Dept.)

Also BTW welcome to the forums

Message 6 of 10
oracles
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just noticed that my other card is a Sears Citibank mastercard, I only used it once and paid off the balance of $16 dollars. I noticed my credit limit was $8000, so I figured I could just transfer the amount from the Wells Fargo card and pay it off. But this is the one that said I wasn't eligible for a transfer.

Call the number i just post and ask them about the approval status of the card you just applied for.

If you were approved, then use this offer.  If you were not or you stilll have to wait, ask them about your sears citi card and see if they will offer you a BT.

Keep us updated

Message 7 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I don't think the Sears card ever allows BT.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Oracles! That # worked and I got approved for the Citicash returns $5000 credit with a balance transfer 12 months 0% APR.

Message Edited by Lus28 on 02-11-2009 08:02 AM
Message 9 of 10
oracles
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you Oracles! That # worked and I got approved for the Citicash returns $5000 credit with a balance transfer 12 months 0% APR.

Message Edited by Lus28 on 02-11-2009 08:02 AM

TOTALLY AWESOME

I am very happy for you, congrats

You are definitely welcome

You are on your way to financial freedom

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.