Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a little Guidance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need a little Guidance

Should I dump my capital bank and credit one cards for secured discover?  Or just dump those cards and worry about discover when I am able to get thier unsecured card?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club - April 2016

@Anonymous wrote:

Should I dump my capital bank and credit one cards for secured discover?  Or just dump those cards and worry about discover when I am able to get thier unsecured card?

Hmmm.  I've never gone the secured card route, so I may not be the most qualified to answer this, but if it were me, I wouldn't dump anything...I'd pay down balances and manage the accounts to grow some history and let credit scores rise, then look at Discover when your scores are ready.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 8
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This question should be asked in the main forum.  We do not discuss new apps here (sigh, the topic at hand).

Signature needs updating
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Very timely post. It is always a good time to close Credit One. I would sit tight on the Cap One card, and wait until your scores improve to where you could get a regular discover. 

Message 4 of 8
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Very timely post. It is always a good time to close Credit One. I would sit tight on the Cap One card, and wait until your scores improve to where you could get a regular discover. 

Good point.  Smiley Happy

Good morning boys and girls. 

I think that I'm getting a little burned out... I'm tired.  Gotta go to job B again today, and don't expect much in the way of dollars.  I know it's backwards, but the busier days are better for me...more work, but more dollars too.  The easy days are BORING and I can't help but think of all of the things that I need to do at home, which causes me to be a bit of a grump at work.

Maybe I'll just call in dead. 

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tcbofade wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good point.  Smiley Happy

Good morning boys and girls. 

I think that I'm getting a little burned out... I'm tired.  Gotta go to job B again today, and don't expect much in the way of dollars.  I know it's backwards, but the busier days are better for me...more work, but more dollars too.  The easy days are BORING and I can't help but think of all of the things that I need to do at home, which causes me to be a bit of a grump at work.

Maybe I'll just call in dead. 

You are obviously a hard worker and a great source of encouragement on here,  Be sure to get yourself some rest, Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for the info.  I will wait until I get my first CLI on cap1 and than close my open sky secured card and my credit one card.  Than, I will continue to hang out in the garden and work on my credit score before worrying about anything else

Message 7 of 8
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for the info.  I will wait until I get my first CLI on cap1 and than close my open sky secured card and my credit one card.  Than, I will continue to hang out in the garden and work on my credit score before worrying about anything else

Slept in today, so this got pulled out of garden thread (for those going huh?). Maybe pick up a secured CU card.  Internal algorithms like two CU accounts on file (shows we are steady or something).  I opened a 500 secured installment loan in October 2014.  Now, paid down to under 9%, think 28 payments to go.  I pay 1.50 a month (used to be 11.12,  less than the cost of a credit report or my Fico pull).  My scores really took a jump at the 16 month mark (when I payed it down).  I also have a CU card, my oldest active, that graduated from secured.  So that makes two accounts.  Something to consider.

Signature needs updating
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.