Regular Contributor
buyhouse36

Need a new cc with a good balance transfer offer....

As of yesterday, my score sits at 686.  I just opened an account with my credit union and got a visa with 3500 cl at 9.9%. Great...that absorbed all my balances with interest over 10%. Now  I need a CC with a 0% intro on balance transfers for another 5K or so.  I already have 2 inquiries this year...one for my car and one for the visa. So I want to hit the bullseye with the right company. I dont want to apply all over the place because I think it will hurt my score and I would prefer a company that pulls equifax.  Also, rule out Chase and Wells Fargo.  I still have balances under 'special financing' on some closed accounts with them. In June I finally paid off a CC with a 17K cl. Once I paid it I thought they would offer a new card...NO DICE due to special financing.

Any suggestions?

Valued Contributor
Mustanglvr2006

Re: Need a new cc with a good balance transfer offer....

[ Edited ]

The Citi Platinum Select seems to be the best choice for BT right now because it's 0 for 21 months.

I'm not 100% positive you would be approved for the 5K you want with a 686 score (is that a Fico? and if it is, is it EQ, TU, or EX?)

Citi pulled EQ for me in NC.

Citi Platinum Select

Edited to add link.

Starting Score: 583
Current Score: 3-03-12-EQ-802 TU-806 EX-798 (EQ Beacon 9: 804 Lender Pull 3-08-12) All FICO's
Goal Score: 800+ across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Frequent Contributor
minimock

Also, they just slipped in a new proviso, 12 months if your credit is not so good.

Scores: EQ (FICO) - 730 | EX (FICO) - 722 | TU (FICO) - 713 - 06/25/2014

US Airways MC (5 K) | US Airways World MC (10 K) | Chase United Airlines Sig VISA (5K) | BOA Rewards Sig Visa (10K) Citi Dividend Plat MC (5.6K) | Discover Miles (6.6K) | AMEX BCE (7 K) | AMEX Plat Delta (11 K) | BOA PLAT (7.5K)

Established Contributor
Guava

Citi Diamond Preferred card and Citi Simplicity card both have the longest balance transfer 0% APR out there, 21 months

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Regular Contributor
buyhouse36

I have/had a citibank platinum card with a $11K limit until 2009. First they slashed my credit limit to about 100 more than I owed them...around 5900. Then they sent a letter that my interest rate was going up to something ridiculous... Our only options were to "opt-out" or pay up.  We were forced to opt -out. We were just coming up for air then financially and couldnt veer off course just to keep them as active. I wish they would reopen it for those that always kept a good record with them.  We still owe about 4400...since our interest with them is so low...around 6%...we are in no rush to pay them. 

Established Contributor
Guava

If you're on bad term with Citi then maybe try for Cap1? The Capital One Cash CC has 0% APR for 12 months (http://www.capitalone.com/creditcards/cash-rewards-credit-card)

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Frequent Contributor
LTomBerry

American Express Clear. No BT fee and 0% for 12 months.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+