Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice, PC to CSR from CSP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need advice, PC to CSR from CSP

Yesterday I went into my local branch to cash some checks, decided to check my in branch pre qualifications... Nothing came up. I sent chase a SM last night and they will happily PC my CSP to a CSR. Couple of questions...

My CSP AF just hit 30 days ago. When will I be charged my CSR AF? From what I have read it seems they might hold off a year? If thats the case, will I still qualify for the travel credits?

The big question though is, my wife is an AU on my CSP. She would like to apply for the CSR on her own to get the 100k bonus. Is it possible for her to apply for the card if she is an AU on my card? Can I remover her as an AU when I PC my account?

Final question, I do not fall under 5/24 for another 12 months. If I PC that card, and wait 12 months (no bonus points for 2 years) can I PC back before my AF hits, and then apply for the CSR in 12 months? (my guess is I would be looking at a 75k bonus point offer)

I will spend about $1000-$1200/month on the card. Mostly dining and short stays at hotels. So I feel the 3x points would be worth the AF.

Thanks for the help.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
noobody
Established Contributor

Re: Need advice, PC to CSR from CSP

They will prorated refund AF on csp if it's over 30days, you might get lucky to get full 95 back.
Wife is qualified to get bonus
You can remove her as AU any time, but it might stay on her credit report until she dispute it
Travel credit is kind tricky see below link for discussion.
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/CSR-300-credit-details/m-p/4777037
My understanding is you would qualified for the bonus when you are approved for the card
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. Im going to go ahead and remove my wife as an AU and then PC to the CSR for 10 months... See what happens at that time. My wife is going to apply in the new year. She doesnt have any travel plans right away...

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi X-pat!

When I applied for the CSR (27 October), I was billed for the Annual Fee in that first November statement, and most data shares I've read said they too were charged right off the bat. So, I recommend that you just expect the charge to be there. I don't see why your wife wouldn't be able to apply for the CSR, as she doesn't already have it, AU or Primary.

Edit: I also am sure removing DW as an AU won't be a problem - unless you want to keep her on the CSP and she adds you to the CSR. You'll both have excellent cards either way.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.

They went ahead and removed her, no questions asked. I then PCd to the CSR. It is showing in my portal. Secure msg says it will be here in 3 days. 

My CSP statment was set to cut on December 15th. That should stil be the case with my new CSR. If so, I need to use the $300 travel credit in 2 days and all of my Christmas travel is already paid for. I have seen a lot of data points about AA, Delta and South West.

Any other gift cards I should look at? I usually fly United and rent from Avis.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Point, I recieved my entire $95 AF refunded.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.