Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice - closing cards

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Need advice - closing cards

Ha! I closed it and Sallie Mae after being cld. Barclays and I parted ways. But, Ring is an awesome card. I recommend it to members all the time.
Message 11 of 16
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Ha! I closed it and Sallie Mae after being cld. Barclays and I parted ways. But, Ring is an awesome card. I recommend it to members all the time.

Yeah I live in fear of Barclays every day. I always try to feed them some red meat to keep them happy.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 12 of 16
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Yeah I live in fear of Barclays every day. I always try to feed them some red meat to keep them happy.

I had a good laugh off these one...very funny. Lol

I fed them some meat to, it was my middle finger. Lmao

Message 13 of 16
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

I had a good laugh off these one...very funny. Lol

I fed them some meat to, it was my middle finger. Lmao

Smiley LOL

Message 14 of 16
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

I closed the RingCard and never was cld'ed.

It was a proactive maneuveur that did pay off in the end.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I saw a 7 point drop in my EQ when I closed my $10k Sams Club store card. TU and EX didn't flinch (TU actually went up 2 points but that could just be noise). My profile across all three bureaus are identical (right down to the number of inquiries), and my scores, overall available CL, and util are in line with yours.  

Credit scores are a strange beast. The overwhelming majority of the time their behavior seems predictable, but then you get something like what happened with my EQ. I still wouldn't hesitate to close your cards though. Any resulting point dip is going to be respectively marginal. Seven points might mean a lot with a much lower score, but it's not going to mean anything with yours (except maybe psychologically)..

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.