Reply
Contributor
Posts: 97
Registered: ‎05-02-2012
0

Re: Need advice for mini spree


NewtoCredit80 wrote:
You could apply for a discover card and Citi Simplicity card. Discover card has 15 month 0% apr and citi card has 18 month 0% apr. Rewards wise Discover card is better but limited acceptance outside US. if you willing to burn a HP then you could ask for a cli on your CSP. Chase might raise you to 10000.

10K on my CSP would be exactly what I want, but MIGHT is what I am afraid of as they seem to be conservative. I do have $ rolling in their checking account every month for what that is worth....

Barclay Arrival World MC 10K, Citi AAdvantage 16K, Chase Sapphire Preferred 15K, AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles 16K, Venture One 5K, Discover Direct Rewards (Cap 1) $300, Discover Direct Rewards (Cap 1) $500

Scores: EX 764 EQ 750 TU 809 MyFico 739 Last App 11/13
Contributor
Posts: 97
Registered: ‎05-02-2012
0

Re: Need advice for mini spree


MissCredit9 wrote:

How long did you want to carry the balance? CITI Diamond preferred is a good card for that bc of 0% for 18 months. The Chase card that you mentioned working well with Sapphire is the Freedom which also offers a 0% introductory period during which time it would be cool to carry a balance. Remember that carrying a balance on any rewards card that is charging interest will likely negate any type of rewards or points that you earn.


The balance would be carried a max of 6 months. I understand about the interest but I don't mind 6 months so much. How does the CSP work with the Freedom?

 

Thanks for the help.

Barclay Arrival World MC 10K, Citi AAdvantage 16K, Chase Sapphire Preferred 15K, AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles 16K, Venture One 5K, Discover Direct Rewards (Cap 1) $300, Discover Direct Rewards (Cap 1) $500

Scores: EX 764 EQ 750 TU 809 MyFico 739 Last App 11/13
Super Contributor
Posts: 5,411
Registered: ‎09-22-2012
0

Re: Need advice for mini spree

Amex approved my BCE immediately after the CLI my Delta Gold. If youre looking for points I would either go Amex BCP through creditcards.com ($250 bonus) or Chase Sapphire Preferred in branch for lower spend requirement (2k vs 3k for 3 months). Freedom has a 10k bonus and both CSP and Freedom have an annual bonus on points (7% I believe). Chase also isnt as tempermental about carrying a balance as Amex is.

If you like points I would def look into Freedom and CSP.
Contributor
Posts: 97
Registered: ‎05-02-2012
0

Re: Need advice for mini spree


B335is wrote:
Amex approved my BCE immediately after the CLI my Delta Gold. If youre looking for points I would either go Amex BCP through creditcards.com ($250 bonus) or Chase Sapphire Preferred in branch for lower spend requirement (2k vs 3k for 3 months). Freedom has a 10k bonus and both CSP and Freedom have an annual bonus on points (7% I believe). Chase also isnt as tempermental about carrying a balance as Amex is.

If you like points I would def look into Freedom and CSP.

Thanks so much for the info. Also, I just recevied a Slate 0% until 2/1/15, then 12.99. I assume this CC won't tie in with the CSP?

 

Barclay Arrival World MC 10K, Citi AAdvantage 16K, Chase Sapphire Preferred 15K, AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles 16K, Venture One 5K, Discover Direct Rewards (Cap 1) $300, Discover Direct Rewards (Cap 1) $500

Scores: EX 764 EQ 750 TU 809 MyFico 739 Last App 11/13
Super Contributor
Posts: 5,411
Registered: ‎09-22-2012
0

Re: Need advice for mini spree

Slate doesnt have a points structure. Its intended to be a balance carrying card. Ink has a bonus offer on the business side of their cards.
Contributor
Posts: 97
Registered: ‎05-02-2012
0

Re: Need advice for mini spree


B335is wrote:
Slate doesnt have a points structure. Its intended to be a balance carrying card. Ink has a bonus offer on the business side of their cards.

Thanks, I understand.

Barclay Arrival World MC 10K, Citi AAdvantage 16K, Chase Sapphire Preferred 15K, AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles 16K, Venture One 5K, Discover Direct Rewards (Cap 1) $300, Discover Direct Rewards (Cap 1) $500

Scores: EX 764 EQ 750 TU 809 MyFico 739 Last App 11/13
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 430
Registered: ‎08-08-2013
0

Re: Need advice for mini spree


seat3a wrote:

MissCredit9 wrote:

How long did you want to carry the balance? CITI Diamond preferred is a good card for that bc of 0% for 18 months. The Chase card that you mentioned working well with Sapphire is the Freedom which also offers a 0% introductory period during which time it would be cool to carry a balance. Remember that carrying a balance on any rewards card that is charging interest will likely negate any type of rewards or points that you earn.


The balance would be carried a max of 6 months. I understand about the interest but I don't mind 6 months so much. How does the CSP work with the Freedom?

 

Thanks for the help.


I think the Freedom offers 0% for 15 months, others feel free to correct me if I am wrong. It pairs well with Sapphire because you can  transfer points between the two I believe. This can be quite lucrative with the 5% rotating categories offered on the Freedom if you spend heavily in those areas. I don't know from personal experience but most on here say the two make a great pair. Hopefully this is helpful to you.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY AMEX 30K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 18K, CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED 15K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 11.9K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 6200, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 1450, EXPRESS NEXT 650
Moderator
Posts: 27,183
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: Need advice for mini spree

MissCredit9 is correct, the Freedom/CSP combo works well ESP if you are planning a trip and want the 1:1 points transfer.
Contributor
Posts: 97
Registered: ‎05-02-2012
0

Re: Need advice for mini spree


09Lexie wrote:
MissCredit9 is correct, the Freedom/CSP combo works well ESP if you are planning a trip and want the 1:1 points transfer.

Thanks! I appreciate everyone's help!

Barclay Arrival World MC 10K, Citi AAdvantage 16K, Chase Sapphire Preferred 15K, AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles 16K, Venture One 5K, Discover Direct Rewards (Cap 1) $300, Discover Direct Rewards (Cap 1) $500

Scores: EX 764 EQ 750 TU 809 MyFico 739 Last App 11/13

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.