Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice for my credit cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need advice for my credit cards

I hope CrapOne likes/pays attention to the high usage. I've had a platinum for almost 1 year that I just PC'd to a QS. I got the credit steps after 5 statements, went from $300 to $500... And I had heavy usage, PIF multiple times a month, showed less than 9 percent util. And I get NO LUV after 10 months...  So i am hoping at the 1 year mark in about 2 weeks they will give me a CLI. If not I have no problem SD it as it has no AF. I have a $5500 Amazon/Chase and a $1000 BCE. 

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think they attention to high usage , as I said , I am paying $3400 only for rental pluse all of activity like $220 insurance , $240 medical insurance , $180, phones bill , $250 utility ,$350 Gas, $1200 a lot of other things ,
Make 6 to 8 multi payment in order my low credit limit ($2500),
And since last 6 FEB , they just offer ONLY $500 CLI
I think it's all about how lucky you are .
I read at this forum the guy got CLI $3000 after only 3weeks and then another $6000 CLI .
With my credit score , (611) I don't have any better chance in other company ,
I wish had BOF CREDIT CARD or even secured one ,
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just listen and accept $500 CLI and now have
$3000 QS ONE , $1700 platinum secured card , $750 credit one ( the worse possible card)
And want apply for BOA REWARDS cash , hope they approve me with 611 credit score on experian .
Thanks for respond .
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sharagim1 ---

I just got finished applying for a BOA Cash Rewards card and they countered me with a secured version of the same 3-2-1 rewards card. Your Ex is about what mine was showing as at the time (because I was too impatient to wait for lower util to post but whaddyagonnado).

So if you're willing to go secured on it and willing to take the pull, it's possible they'll counter for you too.
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing ,
Did u apply online ?,
Is it Better apply for cash rewards ( the guy denied with 680 score) or
Just secured credit card of BOA ?
Thanks
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for sharing ,
Did u apply online ?,
Is it Better apply for cash rewards ( the guy denied with 680 score) or
Just secured credit card of BOA ?
Thanks

I applied online.

I applied directly for the Bank of America Cash Rewards card and they counter offered a secured card to me.  A year and a half ago (February 2015) I was denied a BOA secured card flat out so that shows to me I'm moving in the right direction, even though it's another secured card it's still a card I really wanted and I know it'll grow with me.

I'm about to close my Cap One secured card, myself.  It's served its purpose at this point.

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will do and hope they approve me even BOF secured card which is much much better than
Platinum secured capital one,
I will update my result
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

i apply for cash rewards and :

Unfortunately, we're unable to approve your application at this time.

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

My advice would be to STOP apping
You're barely above 600, now... you're doing yourself no favors by burning HP points.

You say you've been banging the Cap1 account for a year now, and going with you on the low debt ratio coupled with you paying on time for a year with 3 revolvers

Makes one think, then you said you also just got a recent large installment account

IMO
a) prior to this new account you had no credit mix
and a very thin young file with baddies, so at best you were going be at maybe mid 600s

B) Now throw into the mix the monkey wrench of a NEW TL , as well as a new TL type for your specific profile and Yes the scoring model will score you as a heightened RISK.... until it sees how you handle the new scenario of managing 1) another credit account and 2) another credit type.

Again your recent file is thin overall, we too often forget score is one thing but 2 profiles can have the same numberical figures but be night and day different in terms of overall profile.

After a few months holding down your new profile, your score should reflect that you can handle the new scenario.

Is there a financial NEED to HAVE TO put all that spend through your CC and pay a gazillion times per month?

I know ppl 'fee' that automatically PROVES something or makes the lender SEE they need a bigger CL but just as you have stated, that thought pattern is overrated. I kept my spend low and Cap1 still bumped me from $500 to $1500 (prior to the steps $500) then to $4000 all while basically sitting in the SD.

The reason I ask is, perhaps just not stress yourself pushing all that spend through your card and making life more complicated than need be.

You've got some low amount baddies that you could attempt PFDs along with your continued on time payments, low debt ratio and vetting that just opened account and your scores and profile will be in the good range in no time... don't sweat banging all that spend, you obviously can afford to just use your debit for some of that spend, as you pay very often with the same cycle anyway

Just adjust it for a few months and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at what it does to your scores.

Good luck
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for advice ,
The only reason I put all spend through CC, is just show the lender am a good customer (by paying $3400 rental and $80 charge) and need more CL,
You are right , should I stop applying for get new revolving account , with this scores ( 611, 613, 638) I don't have any chance for approve.
I just start paying my auto loan $640 last month,
I should just wait a few month until get score to 680 at least .
And the same time sky blue credit repair , working on my files and they sent first round dispute letter and should receive the result next couple of days ,hope they can help,
And last night after denied from cash rewards of Bank of America , I apply for my wife , (after ask her) and she approved for $1700,and added my name by additional user, hope this will help to boost my score too.
Let me know if you think need to do some thing else ,
Thanks for all
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.