New Contributor
superrupe2

Need advice on a CC decline letter.

My wife applied for the Carnival Sea Miles by Juniper. Her FICO EQ is 642. She only has 1 30 day late about a year ago. Would you recommend reapplying for the card (it's been past 30 days since first app) and upon decline, call for recon? Thanks!
Super Contributor
DI

Re: Need advice on a CC decline letter.

superrupe2 wrote:
My wife applied for the Carnival Sea Miles by Juniper. Her FICO EQ is 642. She only has 1 30 day late about a year ago. Would you recommend reapplying for the card (it's been past 30 days since first app) and upon decline, call for recon? Thanks!

Call for a recon if the current credit report Juniper pulled,  shows little to no credit card balances.  What was the reason(s) for the decline?

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Re: Need advice on a CC decline letter.

superrupe2 wrote:

Barclay/Juniper most likely pulled a TU report for this app. What does the letter say?

Ordinarily it is not a good idea to reapply for a credit you were denied without waiting at least six months. Call for a recon now if the reason in the denial letter is rebuttable.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+