Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on a CC decline letter.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need advice on a CC decline letter.

My wife applied for the Carnival Sea Miles by Juniper. Her FICO EQ is 642. She only has 1 30 day late about a year ago. Would you recommend reapplying for the card (it's been past 30 days since first app) and upon decline, call for recon? Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Need advice on a CC decline letter.

@Anonymous wrote:
My wife applied for the Carnival Sea Miles by Juniper. Her FICO EQ is 642. She only has 1 30 day late about a year ago. Would you recommend reapplying for the card (it's been past 30 days since first app) and upon decline, call for recon? Thanks!

Call for a recon if the current credit report Juniper pulled,  shows little to no credit card balances.  What was the reason(s) for the decline?

Message 2 of 3
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Need advice on a CC decline letter.

@Anonymous wrote:

Barclay/Juniper most likely pulled a TU report for this app. What does the letter say?

Ordinarily it is not a good idea to reapply for a credit you were denied without waiting at least six months. Call for a recon now if the reason in the denial letter is rebuttable.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.