Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on a card...

tag
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Need advice on a card...

Any cards out there that allow accumulated points to be transferred to Marriott Rewards points?  I am not able the get in with Chase so I need something else.  Do Citi ThankYou points transfer to Marriott or just Hilton?

Thanks all!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Need advice on a card...

Amex (SPG) for sure

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 8
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

@fltireguy wrote:

Amex (SPG) for sure

Should have mentioned that I can't get in with Chase or Amex.  I have the Citi Hilton card but now that it's going away, I am left without a hotel rewards card.  I spend approximately 60 nights per year at Hilton and Marriott properties.  
Message 3 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@SpecFile wrote:

@fltireguy wrote:

Amex (SPG) for sure

Should have mentioned that I can't get in with Chase or Amex.  I have the Citi Hilton card but now that it's going away, I am left without a hotel rewards card.  I spend approximately 60 nights per year at Hilton and Marriott properties.  

Why not just get a Venture or Arrival card, then you can use your 2 points wherever you like.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 4 of 8
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@SpecFile wrote:

@fltireguy wrote:

Amex (SPG) for sure

Why not just get a Venture or Arrival card, then you can use your 2 points wherever you like.

That might work.
Message 5 of 8
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

I would agree with @SouthJamaica!

I have a Venture and absolutely love it! It's my daily driver.

Good luck!
Cheers!
AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $20k | | AmEx Cash Magnet - $20k | | Apple Card - $29k | | BofA Customized Cash - $96k | | BofA Customized Cash - $25k | | BofA Unlimited Cash - $30k | | CapOne Quicksilver - $16.25k | | CapOne Venture - $30k | | Chase Amazon - $26.7k | | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $24k | | Chase Freedom - $16k | | Chase Freedom Flex - $41k | | Citi Custom Cash - $17.9k | | Citi Rewards+ - $15.4k | | Discover It Cash Back - $18k | | Discover It Cash Back - $21.3k | |Discover It Travel - $14.5k | | Elan Max Cash Preferred- $15k | | PayPal Cashback Mastercard - $20k | | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - $12.5k | | PenFed Power Cash - $12.5k | | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $25k | | Wells Fargo Autograph - $25k
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

TCL: $571.05k CCs:23 AAoA: 6yr 1mo Util: ~1% Derog: 0

Mortgage: $215.1k Sonata Lease: $1.3k Palisade: $23.8k
Message 6 of 8
happypill
Valued Contributor

If you're spending 60 nights a year in hotels, then maybe one the Citi Prestige would work for you.  You didn't say if you also fly and/or rent cars, but with the 4th night free on hotels and airline transfer partners it might be a good option.  You probably have elite hotel status already based on your stays so you don't necessarily need a card that focuses just on a hotel brand.

Message 7 of 8
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

@happypill wrote:

If you're spending 60 nights a year in hotels, then maybe one the Citi Prestige would work for you.  You didn't say if you also fly and/or rent cars, but with the 4th night free on hotels and airline transfer partners it might be a good option.  You probably have elite hotel status already based on your stays so you don't necessarily need a card that focuses just on a hotel brand.

I am a pilot so airline miles mean nothing to me.  The 4th night free is a great perk.  Thank you for the suggestion.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.