Valued Member
mondo84

Re: Need advice on applying for new cards

Thanks again for the advice, all.  I see all your points and understand them.

I actually would plan on keeping all these cards long-term.  If I successfully added five accounts that would put my total at 10.  Realistically, what I may do is prioritize which cards I want and do the online applications sequentially.  If I get two rejections then I'd probably just stop.  Decisions!  I really want to add an AmEx and will go for those first, but I have a feeling that's where I'm most likely to be rejected.

I am not a big spender but make sure to use most cards once per month.  But, I can see that some lenders wouldn't like me having cards and barely using them (or not at all).

Valued Contributor
bunnyrabbit

Re: Need advice on applying for new cards

[ Edited ]

mondo84 wrote:

Thanks again for the advice, all.  I see all your points and understand them.

I actually would plan on keeping all these cards long-term.  If I successfully added five accounts that would put my total at 10.  Realistically, what I may do is prioritize which cards I want and do the online applications sequentially.  If I get two rejections then I'd probably just stop.  Decisions!  I really want to add an AmEx and will go for those first, but I have a feeling that's where I'm most likely to be rejected.

I am not a big spender but make sure to use most cards once per month.  But, I can see that some lenders wouldn't like me having cards and barely using them (or not at all).

Then just wait for the good timing :smileyhappy:

So do I.

Just ask them how often do you need to use that card to keep that card active.  Most of mine are as long as I use it once in between the 4~6 month period, it stays active/open.

This is not good idea.

* It is nothing but how you manage your cards/money.

* I have total of 9 ccs ...

Carry the statement balance on 3 ccs I uses mainly

Zero statement balance on 3 ccs with monthly small charges and 3 ccs once in the 4 ~ 6 months with small charges .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's very tough with small income ~ The Rewards are big little helper to me.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+