Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on applying for new cards

tag
mondo84
Valued Member

Re: Need advice on applying for new cards

Thanks again for the advice, all.  I see all your points and understand them.

I actually would plan on keeping all these cards long-term.  If I successfully added five accounts that would put my total at 10.  Realistically, what I may do is prioritize which cards I want and do the online applications sequentially.  If I get two rejections then I'd probably just stop.  Decisions!  I really want to add an AmEx and will go for those first, but I have a feeling that's where I'm most likely to be rejected.

I am not a big spender but make sure to use most cards once per month.  But, I can see that some lenders wouldn't like me having cards and barely using them (or not at all).

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need advice on applying for new cards

@mondo84 wrote:

Thanks again for the advice, all.  I see all your points and understand them.

I actually would plan on keeping all these cards long-term.  If I successfully added five accounts that would put my total at 10.  Realistically, what I may do is prioritize which cards I want and do the online applications sequentially.  If I get two rejections then I'd probably just stop.  Decisions!  I really want to add an AmEx and will go for those first, but I have a feeling that's where I'm most likely to be rejected.

I am not a big spender but make sure to use most cards once per month.  But, I can see that some lenders wouldn't like me having cards and barely using them (or not at all).

Then just wait for the good timing Smiley Happy

So do I.

Just ask them how often do you need to use that card to keep that card active.  Most of mine are as long as I use it once in between the 4~6 month period, it stays active/open.

This is not good idea.

* It is nothing but how you manage your cards/money.

* I have total of 9 ccs ...

Carry the statement balance on 3 ccs I uses mainly

Zero statement balance on 3 ccs with monthly small charges and 3 ccs once in the 4 ~ 6 months with small charges .

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.