tag
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

Re: Need advice on how to request CLI with AMEX

@altayar wrote:

@efranklin23 wrote:

@altayar wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

How have you used the card, and what are your payment patters? Also, how is your income?

I carried some balance for a few months on the card ... but I've recently paid it down. I'm using about $250 of the $1000 line right now.

My income is $82,000 /year.

There's a couple of things that ring up a red flag. The fact you make 82k/ yr and you're carrying balances on a card with a limit of 1000 for months is usually a bad sign. What's your current UTIL rate for all cards? And they say it's ideal to keep your card under 10% at your spending level (which means under 100 before closing statement) to increase your chances of getting the 3XCLI

And why did you close your charger cards so early? Sometimes Amex reads this as churning cards when you close the cards within years (taking advaantage of bonuses) and are more reluctant to let you get increases on their cards or new cards in general.

I wasn't making $82k at that time ... this is a new job that's making me get 82k/year.

Right now I'm using %18 of my total credit on all lines.

I only closed the Green card and replaced it with the Gold Premier .. they back dated it to the original date back when I opened the green.

I think the best strategy may be to get your util under control and play the 1-9% game religiously. I would use the card heavily and PIF before the statement. Wait for a few months and try again.

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.