Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on low-limit cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need advice on low-limit cards

I wanted to find out if there is a way to find ut what credit bureaus different companies use for approvals.  I have a target card for over a year now and it started with $200.00 and has stayed there.  My Sam's club card was reduced down to 100.00 for no apparent reason.  I started 4 years ago with 300.00 and now I am down to 100.00 even though I paid it in full everymonth.  I can't figure it out.  I also have Cap. 1 500 CL; ORCHARD 1000; HSBC 800 and WAMU 3500.00.  I live in Florida and wondering if I could use these backdoor numbers and would they possible increase my CLs.  Interested in any information you can give me.  Thanks.

edit: this post was split off from an unrelated thread, "Currently 1428% Util due to charge-offs $700 total credit limit reporting", to form its own post. The only editing done was to change the thread title and add this comment.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 04-05-2009 09:18 AM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Need advice on low-limit cards

LYNNY47, I see that you've posted 78 times. Have you read these?

Understanding Your FICO ® Score
Credit Scoring 101

Your questions get covered a lot on these boards.

For checking who pulls what, go to Who Gave Me Credit?

Do you know your FICO scores (not FAKO's) and what your reported util is, and how to control it? What negative and positive comments are on your FICO EQ and TU reports? These can give you very useful guidance as to what you ought to be doing with your existing credit.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I know what my scores are.  I am watching them all the time and trying to move forward with my life.  My EQ is 648; My Experian according to there site now it is 675 but sure that is a FAKO and my TU is 692.  The reason looking to see if I could do balance transfers as I would up my score approximately  50-75 points by getting my credit cards paid off.  After everything I have investigated I think the wiser move would be to just keep doing what I am doing and should all be paid off by September of this year.  All my bills are paid on or a few days before the due dates and always pay more then the minimums each and every month.  I have a son in college and have had to help him so paying a lot less then I used too.  He will graduate next month and I will resume paying 100-150.00 on each of my credit cards.  I have been reading this forum for the last 2 years and have been helpeed quite often by everyone here and that is helping me to become much more credit healthy.  1 Neg. on Equifax; no negatives on TransUnion or Experian.  Only thing is usually my utility.  Thankk you.  
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I wanted to find out if there is a way to find ut what credit bureaus different companies use for approvals.  I have a target card for over a year now and it started with $200.00 and has stayed there.  My Sam's club card was reduced down to 100.00 for no apparent reason.  I started 4 years ago with 300.00 and now I am down to 100.00 even though I paid it in full everymonth.  I can't figure it out.  I also have Cap. 1 500 CL; ORCHARD 1000; HSBC 800 and WAMU 3500.00.  I live in Florida and wondering if I could use these backdoor numbers and would they possible increase my CLs.  Interested in any information you can give me.  Thanks.

edit: this post was split off from an unrelated thread, "Currently 1428% Util due to charge-offs $700 total credit limit reporting", to form its own post. The only editing done was to change the thread title and add this comment.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 04-05-2009 09:18 AM

Often which report is pulled depends on which state you live in. Here in NV. Citibank and US Bank EX for me, Discover pulled EQ, but I believe they usually pull TU. Juniper/Barclays almost always pulls TU regardless of the state.

I agree with you that you should work first on paying off your credit cards, then apply for something new to help you move from the subprime cards you've used to help you rebuild.

Good luck and Congrats on getting your son through college!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.