cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on should I or shouldn't I upgrade to Walmart Mastercard?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need advice on should I or shouldn't I upgrade to Walmart Mastercard?

@creditaddict 
No one has answered my second question. When I call Sync's UW number should I call about getting a CLI for Amazon or Wal-mart first? And should I call them back to back within minutes of hanging up or wait a few hours, days or weeks? I'm looking to see what's the best way to maximize 37 months of never asking for a CLI from either of them. (slap himself in the face for never knowing about the every 4 month deal with Sync cards). I'm going to ask for $15K CL on each of them and hope to get $4K-$5K on each. Also both cards have zero balances and I use them every month.

Message 11 of 14
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict 
No one has answered my second question. When I call Sync's UW number should I call about getting a CLI for Amazon or Wal-mart first? And should I call them back to back within minutes of hanging up or wait a few hours, days or weeks? I'm looking to see what's the best way to maximize 37 months of never asking for a CLI from either of them. (slap himself in the face for never knowing about the every 4 month deal with Sync cards). I'm going to ask for $15K CL on each of them and hope to get $4K-$5K on each. Also both cards have zero balances and I use them every month.

See if they'll do it on the same call.   Your odds of getting CLIs won't be affected by it.  Each has their own UW standards.    

Since you said you'd find the MC version more useful, why not take it?   Yes, you'll see a dip in AAoA, but you'll also get a new bankcard without an HP.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 12 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

call credit solutions and it doesn't matter which order.. it's a computer and 1 might say no and 1 might say yes... it's a monopoly i swear!

if you get approved with the first one you do just stick with that rep and say i would like to see about an increase on my other card... if you get denied, hang up and call back just in case the reps have anything to do wth it but i really don't think so... whenever i talk to the reps and they come back with an approval (counter) they say the computer is only allowing me to give you this much, would you like that? so i don't think they are manually doing anything!

866-519-6441 call now

Message 13 of 14
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Like it was said about the card upgrade coming with a CLI, it is usually true that they do.  However, you can get that same CLI without the upgrade.  I had the offer to get the upgrade and declined it, but got the CLI anyway!  When I was offered the upgrade it was the Discover version and I did not want to take a hit on my AAoA.  I wanted to save it for new really useful accounts. 

Your score might even qualify you right now for other cards!  So if you really want cards which are more useful use the advice I gave before and try it now.  Discover has a prequal link, Citi does too, and so do a few more.  You might want to check those out before you decide to take the upgrade.  Discover gave my sister a card and she has been rebuilding since her bankruptcy.  She calls me her financial advisor because I give her advice and it has paid off for her recently.  She got a Discover, a Barclay Card, and a CapOne card.  She didn't ask me and applied for a Chase card, which I would have told her she probably would be denied for, and she was.  I rebuilt my credit myself and now now have almost $120,000 worth of limits.  I wasn't always patient about it and I didn't end up with a few cards I could have had earlier if I had waited.  I also don't have a card or two I want, but I do have about 10 which have no benefit for me.  I am glad I never took the Walmart upgrade, it would have set me back.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.