cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on the timing of CSP app... UPD: Approved.

tag
mikka1
Frequent Contributor

Need advice on the timing of CSP app... UPD: Approved.

So, I decided it's time to apply for CSP, but I can't decide on if I should do it *right* now or wait 1-2 days.

The reason is the following - I applied for Amex PRG a couple of days before when it offered 50k MR points, so when I checked my report today it already had a HP from Amex, but the card itself hasn't reported yet. 

Will it be better if I apply now (so, without a new tradeline on my report opened literally1-2 days ago) or should I wait for Amex to report?

I don't actually think it will be of much difference, but just don't want to decrease my chances for approval (that are not high anyway)...

Thanks!

****UPD Jan 10****: So I pulled the trigger, instant approval for 5k. Called in to ask to expedite it, they will do it for no charge. Probably will also ask to shift my Chase CLs when activating CSP - I'd rather have $6k or $7k on CSP and $2k or $1k respectively on my Chase Amazon as I use it almost only for Amazon purchases...

In my wallet now: Amex PRG NPSL, Amex BCE $15k $17k (thanks to recent CLI), Chase Freedom 11k, CSP $6k, Chase United ME $5k, Citi Dividend $5.6k, Discover It $4.5k and a handful of other cards...
TU Dec 2013 - 752Sep 2013 - 764 - new all time maximum

Obsolete data aboveCurrent TU - probably around ~810, only using a few Chase & BofA cards now, not applying for much until we buy a house
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
mikka1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need advice on the timing of CSP app (wait for another card to report?)

...and I'll bother all of you with 2 more questions Smiley Happy)) (I still haven't applied yet):

1) Is there any particular difference between CSP Visa and CSP Mastercard? If I understand it correctly, CSP (if approved) should be no lower than Signature in case of Visa and World if MC. Does Visa Siggy have any specific benefits compared to MC World? Any particular recommendations (apart from Sam's club :-) ) on which version I should consider and why? (I see no specific difference so far)

2) Chase has a kind of pre-qualification engine on their website. When I try to run my data through it, I get "No offers at this time" message. Is it really a bad sign? Or, in other words, are there generally success stories from those who didn't have any pre-approvals, applied and got the card?

P.S. I am surprised by myself about scrutinizing this app so much from my side - usually I don't dig that deep Smiley Happy))) If they had a 1-day offer of 50k-75k UR instead of usual 40k, I would've applied immediately without any questions asked Smiley Happy)))

In my wallet now: Amex PRG NPSL, Amex BCE $15k $17k (thanks to recent CLI), Chase Freedom 11k, CSP $6k, Chase United ME $5k, Citi Dividend $5.6k, Discover It $4.5k and a handful of other cards...

Obsolete data aboveCurrent TU - probably around ~810, only using a few Chase & BofA cards now, not applying for much until we buy a house
Message 2 of 6
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Re: Need advice on the timing of CSP app (wait for another card to report?)

I had no offers from their site and received an instant approval for CSP with initial CL of 29.7K, so I don't think it matters that much.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
mikka1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need advice on the timing of CSP app... UPD: Approved.

****UPD Jan 10****: So I pulled the trigger, instant approval for 5k. Called in to ask to expedite it, they will do it for no charge. Probably will also ask to shift my Chase CLs when activating CSP - I'd rather have $6k or $7k on CSP and $2k or $1k respectively on my Chase Amazon as I use it almost only for Amazon purchases...

Message 4 of 6
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice, Congrats on the approval!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 6
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.