Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on using a CC to make a cash purchase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need advice on using a CC to make a cash purchase

@austinguy907 wrote:

So when I'm looking at my old Slate account I see this...

On my new FU I get this:

Knowing it came with a 0% for 15 months though the only question would be if it's $0 fee or 3% which could be looked up on the app page if you're needing it before hitting continue a couple of times.

Ah, yes. My other Chase accounts look like your top one and the new Slate looks like the bottom one. Do I have to upload a screenshot somewhere so I can paste it here?  

Message 21 of 30
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Citi also does BT to your bank acct.... but looks like you got it under control,Good Move !!!!! Best Wishes,,,,

Message 22 of 30
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

You can capture and then hit the photo button on the bar above your reply to upload/attach to the post.  No need for a 3rd party hosting site or anything.

Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

austinguy907 wrote: 

Knowing it came with a 0% for 15 months though the only question would be if it's $0 fee or 3% which could be looked up on the app page if you're needing it before hitting continue a couple of times.

Ok getting curious again I got my debit card and tried seeing how far I could get.  But it needs the 3 digit CID from the Slate card which I don't have yet (and also to check i've received and read the card agreement, which I have not), so I see no other way to confirm I got the terms I hoped for right now.  Gotta wait 7-10 days...  Unless you know another way on the website I can see something when it's a brand new account?

Message 24 of 30
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

It wants the CVV because it hasn't been activated yet.  Just hold tight until you get the card Smiley Wink

Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

austinguy907 wrote: 

Ok getting curious again I got my debit card and tried seeing how far I could get.  But it needs the 3 digit CID from the Slate card which I don't have yet (and also to check i've received and read the card agreement, which I have not), so I see no other way to confirm I got the terms I hoped for right now.  Gotta wait 7-10 days...  Unless you know another way on the website I can see something when it's a brand new account?

You can call and request it to be expedited, I have never had to pay and they overnight cards to me. YMMV.

Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

austinguy907 wrote: 

Is it a chase checkings too?

Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can definitely cool my heels and wait Smiley Wink.  I will update later how my plan works in the interest of anyone else out there attempting similar finagling.  Such a cool forum!!  Thanks a million.

Message 28 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it a chase checkings too?

Oh heavens, no.  Chase CS can sometimes be a pain-in-the-butt, but my CC experience with them has been second only to Amex.  When it comes to banking, forget it.  Credit Union all the way!!

Message 29 of 30
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

You can always call them and ask what the BT fee is for your card.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.