Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need expert opinion on these 2 CCs

tag
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Need expert opinion on these 2 CCs

Chase Sapphire Preferred or Venture CC?

I am about to travel abroad for 3 wks and need a no FT cc that will earn miles. Currently I don't have any cards with no FT fees in my wallet.

I generally fly Continental out of Houston. I would like your opinion on which CC is best. Will they both report to the CBs?

Are the AFs for both cards worth the trouble? My budget spending allowance for 3 wks abroad will be for $5,000 US.

Currently I am considering these 2 cards due to the fact most ppl seems to think they are the best of the best when it comes rewards and no FT fees.

Please fill me in if there are alternatives on the market.

Thanks in advance.....

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need expert opinion on these 2 CCs

Since you had 2 chase CCs, the third one might result in CL reallocation from the first two.

Message 2 of 5
MagicShot
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Since you had 2 chase CCs, the third one might result in CL reallocation from the first two.

I havent heard of that before? I have 3 Cards with BOA, and GEMB, HSBC, Capital One they havent done that.

Message 3 of 5
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Your allow to have up to 7 Chase ccs. There won't be any CL reallocation. I haven't app for any Chase cards in 1yr, I should be ok for approval.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I read through several forums, chase tend to limit their exposure on each person at 50% of annual income.

If you reach that point, CL reallocation from old cards to get new card opened tends to be their solution. YMMV.

BOA like to move around CL too.

I call BOA to recon today and analyst comment on CLI I just got on another FIA account and she can't extend me new credi

unless I allow her to reallocate CL from my FIA fidelity to new card. I don't want new card that much so I denied her offer and say bye bye.  

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.