cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help before Monday, May 25 - PLEASE HELP!

tag
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

Re: Need help before Monday, May 25 - PLEASE HELP!

@Anonymous wrote:

Please help!  I just got a new HOME DEPOT consumer card $1000 CL.  I need a new refrigerator.  DEPOT has a special if I purchase an energy star frig I pay no taxes on it, also I will get an additional 10% discount on frig. 

Here is the rub, if I purchase the frig I will use $909 of the $1000 CL.  How will  using this amount of my CL effect my score? 

I will pay the total amount off in six months and pay no interest on the purchase.  Over all it seems like a good deal. 

Please help deal ends Monday, May 25.

TU - 680

EX - 653

My daughter replaced all of her kitchen appliances at HD a few months back. They gave her a CL similar to yours but when she explained she would spend more if she had a higher limit they instantly gave her another $1000.  It worked for her, see if you can get a bit higher cl using that technique. She got $500 back on her appliances and ended up with a great deal that she paid off before the promo period was up.

The util will factor in but if you pay it off in a few months your score will recover.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help before Monday, May 25 - PLEASE HELP!

This is just a suggestion, try searching craigslist.com.  Especially (sp) if you live in a bigger area. My next door neighbor just got a very nice side by side fridge off of there out of a model home for $250. Never even been used, I have also seen alot of nicer ones out of some of the "ritzier" neighborhoods here, from people who decided to remodel their kitchens for almost dirt cheap.  Why spend 900 when you can possibly get one for a 1/3 of the price!  Alot of the postings also have pictures of the items, so you don't have to drive all the way to wherever just to find out its not the right color, ect.  Good Luck!
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.