Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help deciding, Secured Card or not

tag
bearsfan34
Regular Contributor

Need help deciding, Secured Card or not

A month ago my credit wasn't all that great so I figured I'd apply for a Capital One secured card. I got approved but after I got a couple collections removed. Now my score is a lot better and I keep getting pre approvals for their other cards. The only thing is that I'd hate to have another inquiry on all three. Should I just eat the secured inquiry and apply again? Will it be better in the long run? Or should I just stay with the secured card. P.s I have not put my deposit down yet for the secured cc. Thanks for any advice!

Starting Score: EX 631 EQ 629 TU 646 1/18
Current Score: __
Goal Score: 710

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Re: Need help deciding, Secured Card or not

IMHO, check out credit unions and do not deal with Cap 1.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 2 of 3
smc733
Valued Contributor

Re: Need help deciding, Secured Card or not

Stick with the secured card from CapOne, but don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Find out your FICOs (get at least one, if not both reports from here at myFICO), then we could see where to go from there.  It may be worth it to wait a little while, and rather than get stuck in subprime toy card hell (where they all want to give 3 digit limits), I've seen the best to wait a while with one secured card, then get a nice prime card...

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.