Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help figuring Cap One stmt cut-off date

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Need help figuring Cap One stmt cut-off date

I spoke with CS and am more confused than ever!

I have two new cards w/Cap One:

Biz card -- I rec'd statement with these dates: Mar 28 to Apr 24, 30 days in billing cycle. Pmt due May 21.

The rep said that the stmt cut-off date is the 21st of the month and always be the 21st of EVERY month.

This just doesn't make sense to me. It's been a LONG time since I've had a CC, and I want to be sure I don't mess up. I know for sure that I can pay the bill by 5/21, and it will be on time for this month. My question is: What if I want to do what people are suggesting, and charge more and pay BEFORE the statement cuts, so it won't report a balance on the CRAs. I just can't seem to figure out what THAT date is. Is it the 21st, and will it be the 21st EVERY month, or does it change each month, since it's a 30-day cycle?

I know this may sound really simple to some of you, but I am perplexed here.

Also, my second card is a Personal one, which I have NOT rec'd a statement for yet. This is what the rep told me over the phone:

Opened 4/24, first statement cut 5/4, but since I hadn't used it, they did NOT send me the statement. ???!!! Really?? Weird. And only 2 weeks after acct. was opened. ???

I did use it on May 6th. My next stmt will cut 6/4. (Again he's telling me my stmt will ALWAYS be on the 4th of the month.) Online, it shows a $28 balance, but ZERO due 6/1. The $28 will be due 7/1, according to rep.

So, if I want to pay the $28 BEFORE it shows on CRAs, WHEN would I need to pay it by? OMG, I feel like this is the dumbest question ever, but I just can't seem to figure this out, and speaking with the Cap One rep. only confused me more.

Any help would be MOST appreciated!!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need help figuring Cap One stmt cut-off date

I can only speak for myself but my Cap 1 statement posts the same day of the month, every month.

So whatever date this might be for you just bring your balance to the desired amount several days before.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 6
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Thanks, Marinevet! Is the statement post date the same as the payment due date, or the period end date?

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 6
Hopelives2
Regular Contributor

My due date is the 6th.  My statement date is the 9th.  My balance on the 9th is what shows on my CR.  I've ticked/tied it out for the past 3 months and it is my statement date.

So, pay in full before the 6th.  DO NOT spend before the 10th.  $0 balance on CR.

That's been my finding with Cap 1 (and Orchard, incidentally).

Message 4 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@bichonmom wrote:

Thanks, Marinevet! Is the statement post date the same as the payment due date, or the period end date?

On my card the statement date is the 10th of every month and the due date is the 7th of the following month.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 5 of 6
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Thank you both for the replies! I think I have it figured out now. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.