Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help figuring out closing date on C1 card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help figuring out closing date on C1 card

Ok, this may be staring me right in the face. ...

but....

My capital One statement says billing cycle is July 6 thru Aug 5. I know the month part obviously changes. .. but Is the closing date the 5th????. My due date is on Sept 2. And is the 5th of every month going to be my closing date?

And when it comes to other credit cards, does the same method work?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Need help figuring out closing date on C1 card

Payment due date is a totallly different dte then the statement close date

Payment due date is the last day your minimum payment is due if you are carrying a balance

Statement close / cut date is usually a few days to a week afterwards to allow for late payments or late charges. Within 24 hours or so after the statement close date, the creditor will normally report the statement info to the credit bureaus

With Cap1, your statement cut date will most likely be the 5th every month.  If you make a payment on the 4th ( provided its not a sunday ) this paymnt will be included in that current statement

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 4
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Your statement will close on the 5th. It will be available to view on the 6th...along with a new minimum payment(if there was a balance).
Message 3 of 4
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Cap1 statement dates are 3 days after the due date so yes, the 5th will be the statement date.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.