Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help figuring out my AF situation!

tag
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

Need help figuring out my AF situation!

Hello all, im trying to trim down my AF cards a bit. Currently the 3 I have left are Amex PRG, CSP and BCP. Im 98% sure im keeping the BCP because it basically pays for itself and then some but I dont really travel at all. I am possibly going to be going to take a trip to Hawaii in 2014 but I dont travel much at all, if i do its mostly driving and not rental cars either. I was gonna PC the PRG to a green but I dont think a 95 AF is worth it just for the backdating purposes. Im so confused please help!

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Need help figuring out my AF situation!

since you have the CSP, why keep the PRG? Unless there's something about Amex's PRG that I am missing.

For travel it seems that the Platinum is the best card but the AF is high so you're not going to milk it out for what it's worth if you only travel once a year.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 3
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need help figuring out my AF situation!

I applied for the prg in Jan for the backdating and was either gonna PC it to Green or close it at the end of the year. Should I just close the PRG since revolvers get the same benefits as a Charge, like extended warranties and all that good stuff.

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.