Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help finding old AMEX account information for reaging AMEX BC

tag
Built2last
New Contributor

Need help finding old AMEX account information for reaging AMEX BC

I am relatively new to the forum and want to thank the regular contributors for all that I have learned so far.   I had both an AMEX green and optima card from 1991-1992.  I used the card, made all payments on time, and eventually closed the account by my request.  I received an AMEX BC 2 months ago and have been trying to back date my account without much success.  AMEX can't seem to find my old account information and suggested I contact Experian..  Experian claims to not have access to older credit reports from 15 to 20 years ago that reported this trade line.  I am not sure where to turn next?   My average age of accounts is 8 months and oldest open trade line is 3.5 years.  Backdating my new AMEX card would really be helpful to increase my age of accounts.

Any advice?

photo chase-freedom-personal_zps7d0f91f4.png">
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Need help finding old AMEX account information for reaging AMEX BC

Welcome to the forum.  Do not use the term backdate, let them know your MSD (member since date) is incorrect.  If they can locate you with your SSN, you should be fine.  Experian would not have records back that far and unless you have the old card, your only hope is to keep trying with Amex. 

Message 2 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Built2last wrote:

I am relatively new to the forum and want to thank the regular contributors for all that I have learned so far.   I had both an AMEX green and optima card from 1991-1992.  I used the card, made all payments on time, and eventually closed the account by my request.  I received an AMEX BC 2 months ago and have been trying to back date my account without much success.  AMEX can't seem to find my old account information and suggested I contact Experian..  Experian claims to not have access to older credit reports from 15 to 20 years ago that reported this trade line.  I am not sure where to turn next?   My average age of accounts is 8 months and oldest open trade line is 3.5 years.  Backdating my new AMEX card would really be helpful to increase my age of accounts.

Any advice?

Are you asking for backdating or what you should be saying is (My MSD) ?

Contact EO for better results 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

Welcome to the forum.  Do not use the term backdate, let them know your MSD (member since date) is incorrect.  If they can locate you with your SSN, you should be fine.  Experian would not have records back that far and unless you have the old card, your only hope is to keep trying with Amex. 

beat me by 30 seconds Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 8
Built2last
New Contributor

I read several posts on the forums about not using the words backdating.  I specifically asked to have my member since date updated to reflect the date of my original AMEX card.  The customer service rep said "no problem" then asked for my social security number to find my old account.  I provided it,  but they were not able to find any information about my old AMEX account.  Should I try calling more than once?

photo chase-freedom-personal_zps7d0f91f4.png">
Message 5 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Built2last wrote:

I read several posts on the forums about not using the words backdating.  I specifically asked to have my member since date updated to reflect the date of my original AMEX card.  The customer service rep said "no problem" then asked for my social security number to find my old account.  I provided it,  but they were not able to find any information about my old AMEX account.  Should I try calling more than once?

Definitely,  my DH  had to do that a few months ago.  Keep in mind he had current cc's showing '85, he asked to have a newer cc backdated and the CSR said no- After a reminding her that his other cc's had '85 she accommodated the request.  

Message 6 of 8
colinstu
Regular Contributor

Do you have copies of old credit reports? Copies of old receipts from way back when?

My dad saw that he had an old Home Depot card still reporting but didn't have the card anymore (shredded up) and their website required the full CC number to create an account. After some heavy digging, he found old CRs with the first 12 digits of his HD CC, and receipts with the last 4 digits of that CC. Presto... Smiley Tongue 

FICOs: TU 775 | EQ 784 | EX 773
Amex BCE $15,000 | Discover IT $11,600 | Chase Freedom $7,000 (Visa Sig) | Citi DoubleCash $6,000 (WEMC) | Chase AARP $6,000 | Barclaycard CashForward $4,000 | Barclaycard Rewards $2,000 | Capital One Quicksilver $1,750
Message 7 of 8
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

The first time I called to have my current Amex cards showing my MSD of 1988, the CSR could not find my account and told me if my original AMEX card was issued by say, a bank, they could not find the MSD.  I called back a second time and gave this CSR my ssn and she was able to find my original MSD very quickly.   I had my new cards withing 3-4 days.  Call back, try again.

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.