Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help from y'all about apping...

tag
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Need help from y'all about apping...

Hi long story short I was in the garden for awhile and had to come out due to an emergency (had to get a GE medical card) and it was a HP....I was gardening so I could get my scores up, age some accounts and be able to apply for the Fidelity Amex (I already have investment accounts with them). So now that I have fallen off the garden path, should I app for the Fidelity? Are my scores good enough (I hate getting the NO and refuse to recon after a really bad experience with Barcaly's) Here is info I got: scores Walmart Fico 806, CK 734, Quizzle 783 (here comes the bad part) 18 inquires (including the new one last week for the GE card) NEVER any baddies or lates....AAoA 4 years - 28 being the oldest account.  If any of our experts here could give me an idea of whether I should go for it, or wait in the garden some more to build up numbers, please let me know. What has been your experience with approvals from BoA?  If you need any more info let me know, if it would make a difference in your advice, I will try to supply it.....just really hate getting the "no" and not loving the recon thing.....LOL  thanks most everyone here is so helpful with stuff like this!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Need help from y'all about apping...

Short answer - NO

Message 2 of 14
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@sccredit wrote:

Short answer - NO

Thanks for the advice sccredit I really appreciate it!  UPDATE, since I was bored and did not see any quick responses I took it upon myself to app....what the heck..and low and behold I was approved for $12,500!! HAPPY DANCE!!!   Well back to the garden to let this card grow!! After all the card is GREEN...LOL  I guess with a lot of this stuff YMMV....and I am happy it did vary for me!!!

Message 3 of 14
Startome
Regular Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

@sccredit wrote:

Short answer - NO

Thanks for the advice sccredit I really appreciate it!  UPDATE, since I was bored and did not see any quick responses I took it upon myself to app....what the heck..and low and behold I was approved for $12,500!! HAPPY DANCE!!!   Well back to the garden to let this card grow!! After all the card is GREEN...LOL  I guess with a lot of this stuff YMMV....and I am happy it did vary for me!!!

Yay! =)

And yes much of credit is subjective lol

Current: EQ FICO 0, TU FICO 0, EX FICO 0 | Starting Score: 0 (08/21/2013)

Starting total revolving credit: $0 | Current total revolving credit: $1600.00

Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 3-4 TU Unsure EX Unsure | Most Recent: 8/19/2013

2013 Goals:
1,000.00 Emergency Fund
1,000.00 Emergency Fund, AGAIN
Mechanically Sound Car
Unsecured Card

Fifth Third $300
U.S. Bank Harley Davidson $300
Capital One Platinum $500
2nd Capital One Platinum $500

Message 4 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Well, well, well. When the cat's away....

Congratulations on your approval.
Message 5 of 14
Crashem
Valued Contributor

I'm not sure why anyone would think OP would have hard time getting card given that he is rocking a 800+ FICO 08 score. The big ding would be that he has a ridiculous amount of inquiries. However, I imagine a bunch of them are more than a year old or from installment loan activity like auto/mortgage since his FICO is so high and therefore not/barely considered in score. So just depends on how inquiry sensitive lender is and we haven't really heard if fia is that sensitive or not.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 6 of 14
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Well, well, well. When the cat's away....

Congratulations on your approval.

Thanks Lexie and I will be celebrating at the social tonight...and BACK for a loooong time, since this was the card I was waiting on!! Because of that unfortunate situation where I was thrown back to seedling I just figured what the heck....THIS time it worked, but because of you guys in the garden "keeping me straight on" to my goal!!

Message 7 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 8 of 14
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

And I'm pretty sure many lenders don't weigh INQs as harshly against someone with 800+ scores and accounts for 20+ years.
Message 9 of 14
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@Crashem wrote:
I'm not sure why anyone would think OP would have hard time getting card given that he is rocking a 800+ FICO 08 score. The big ding would be that he has a ridiculous amount of inquiries. However, I imagine a bunch of them are more than a year old or from installment loan activity like auto/mortgage since his FICO is so high and therefore not/barely considered in score. So just depends on how inquiry sensitive lender is and we haven't really heard if fia is that sensitive or not.

Thanks Crashem!! The scores are from the free websites so not sure if they are accurate (?) I hear on this board that they are just vaguely close to the real thing, so was not sure if they were good to go by...and yes you are totally correct about the inquires, in fact some have started to come off, and I did purchase a house last year so I am sure a lot of them are for the house and cars I have purchased, not CC's. BUT I had been denied before because of the dreaded "too many inquires" (BARCLAY's) so that is what I was going by....Thanks again, soooo happy, drinks after work!!  LOL

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.