Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help in deciding which cards to close

tag
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Re: Need help in deciding which cards to close

Actually I did not close my BC yet. Trying to decide which card to keep

Update:  I closed 4 more cards today.  CO Platinum, Stash Visa, Target, Discover IT.  Going to keep JCP card open until we get a Macy's up here then I will close. Will keep Sears, Zales and Cabelas open. Will close one or two BC my wife and I each have an Arr+ and she has a cash fwd. We are AU on all of our accounts. Will either merge or close CO Venture and Venture One into QS.  Wife will keep her Venture One card open with a 46k CL.  Will keep all of the CU cards open. Will keep the 2 CITI cards open and the BofA.  Will keep Amazon Prime open as I use a lot.  Will keep Virgin open as I am hoping it will eventually merge into AK Air Siggy similar to what happened with AX Costco card.  BofA won't give me a Siggy yet!  Plan on nerfing the NFCU Flagship go a no AF card.  May get the PFCU AX card without HP and if so may close the BofA. Otherwise I will mostly be in the garden till I am eligible for CHASE and addl CITI products.    All in all I will have closed nearly half of my accounts and lowered my exposure to future creditors.  Thanks again to the FICO community for all of your help. 

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 41 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.