cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help understanding MR points to FF transfer...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help understanding MS points to FF transfer...

some great info here:

http://thepointsguy.com/2015/03/how-should-i-use-my-stash-of-amex-membership-rewards-points/

I haven't transfered my Amex points for air travel in the past; there are limited options but hopefully the above link helps you out.  I have seen more foreign airlines on Amex's list in the past.  I'd log in to my Amex Membership Rewards account online and do a screenshot of the airline transfer options, but it's a bit late on the east coast right now!

Message 11 of 17
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@youngman1234 wrote:
How do I go about doing this ??

First sign up with any airline ?? Is that easy and does that cost anything ??

Second, how do you transfer them ?? Call Amex and tell them to transfer ??

Third, how long does the transfer take ?

Fourth, which ff transfer gives you the most value for the points ?? Which airline is the best to transfer to ??

Start here:

http://catalogue.membershiprewards.ca/l2Category.mtw?categoryName=ca_frequent_traveller_participants

Best is always highly subjective regardless of topic.  There isn't one single best for every situation/goal/etc.  You need to give us a lot more specifics (like where you're going to and where you're going from as that will potentially rule out some options) if you want feedback. Otherwise, compare and determine what's best for you.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

^ cool, between Air Canada and British Airways on a 1:1 ratio, OP will have access to all Star Alliance and oneworld airlines.  Should be good to go!  Check the redemption requirements on AC's Aeroplan and BA's Executive Club and you'll get a better idea of which one has better value-for-mile.  You should be able to answer how many miles are required for First/Business/Economy travel between North America and Europe/Asia.  Simple math!

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm amazed at your point total

Message 14 of 17
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

^ cool, between Air Canada and British Airways on a 1:1 ratio, OP will have access to all Star Alliance and oneworld airlines.  Should be good to go!  Check the redemption requirements on AC's Aeroplan and BA's Executive Club and you'll get a better idea of which one has better value-for-mile.  You should be able to answer how many miles are required for First/Business/Economy travel between North America and Europe/Asia.  Simple math!

techically has excess to all alliances, can transfer to air france or alitialia for skyteam access as well. Interestingly alitalia is 80k business to Europe i believe which is relatively cheap, so i am wondering if you can do US to say france on air france for 80k RT that not too bad. Or you could do US to far east for 95k on Korean air via alitalia, There are fuel surcharges but thats an interesting use of points. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help understanding MR points to FF transfer...

Yeah but the skyteam wasn't giving 1:1 points exchange I believe...
Message 16 of 17
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

Re: Need help understanding MR points to FF transfer...

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah but the skyteam wasn't giving 1:1 points exchange I believe...

Delta is 1:1

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.