tag
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Re: Need help understanding citi

@longtimelurker wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@rcsidwell wrote:

Applied Saturday for citi diamond card, got denied. Received email Sunday that they could not complete my application ,because of freeze on equifax, but they pulled experian, when I called , rep, told me they tried to pull equifax, only.i received three different alerts about citi checking experian,what should I do , or call.thanks

they tried to double pull your file.

you will need to unfreeze equifax and let them pull that as well.

+1.  You mind as well unfreeze it so that your EX HP won't go into a waste.  Best of luck and keep us updated.

Well, if OPs EQ score is really bad (as said) then might not be worth it, as there would be a wasted EQ pull as well.   Just cut the losses!

True. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 11 of 12
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Need help understanding citi

@longtimelurker wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@rcsidwell wrote:

Applied Saturday for citi diamond card, got denied. Received email Sunday that they could not complete my application ,because of freeze on equifax, but they pulled experian, when I called , rep, told me they tried to pull equifax, only.i received three different alerts about citi checking experian,what should I do , or call.thanks

they tried to double pull your file.

you will need to unfreeze equifax and let them pull that as well.

+1.  You mind as well unfreeze it so that your EX HP won't go into a waste.  Best of luck and keep us updated.

Well, if OPs EQ score is really bad (as said) then might not be worth it, as there would be a wasted EQ pull as well.   Just cut the losses!

Well yea that's one way to look at it too Smiley Tongue
It depends on just how bad of a file we are talking about....

If it's just an additional minor derog that's already a couple years old, then it doesn't really matter. But if it's a one large recent charge off account, then yea might as well cut the losses.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.