Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Chase account review

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help with Chase account review

Keep us updated. You don't see too many Chase reviews on here. Now Amex...

Message 21 of 22
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Need help with Chase account review

@ChargedUp wrote:

Did Synchrony or Barclays take over Chase's credit card division? This is getting crazy!

I've actually had been contemplating strengthening my ties with Chase, as I have 2 of their cards and am interested in Freedom and IHG when I'm done gardening in a couple years... Maybe throwing some cash into a CD or other investment account with them also. But now.... ?

One thing I'm learning on here is NOT to have my checking through the same bank as my credit cards. Checking will stay with my little 2 branch credit union that I've used for the last 12 years. Chase, nor any other lender I use, does not need to know what I do with my actual cash and payroll.(Ironically, I had Great Western Savings-> Wamu->Chase for banking for over 16 years, but Chase ROYALLY screwed up my checking account when they took over and tried to fee me to death for their error. Been with the CU ever since.)

OP might try searching for Executive Office contact info to escalate and figure out the reason for the bizarre account behavior.... Or just pay off your balance and move on to a lender that will appreciate you.

This is advice well spent.  High yield banking is not necessarily translated to better credit cards.  PS, if your employer, like moi, uses the work number, pretty easy for them to pull info.  With Chase, any problems go through the exec branch first (save number in contacts on phone).  Just IMHO.

Signature needs updating
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.