Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with secured credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help with secured credit card

So I have a unsecured cap one quicksilver with a 750$ credit limit and my credit score is 600, I have about 16 hard inquiries and about 600$ in collection that I'm paying of with monthly payments, also have never missed a payment on my car and 4000$ personal loan.

i do want another credit card but I'm sure I can only get a secured card so I'm wondering what is a good secured card to get that will make it unsecured fast.

i looked into the discover card and Bank of America cards ??? Or should I just build on my cap one card right now ? Any help is appreciated 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help with secured credit card

Ok ideally the scoring model wants to see 3/1
3 revolvers and 1 installer

You have the installer with the car note

Cap-1 gives you revolver #1

My 1st option next would be Discover
a) The deposit is only $200 ( remember the goal this reporting TLs not the CL at this point so spread your cash out)

Then I prefer a decent CU option before BoA
Many big banks can be conservative even with issuing secured accounts, plus BoA can be slow to graduate
If you're set on a bank look at the Harley Davidson brand secured card through U.S. Bank ( not the regular U.S. Bank version the H.D. in particular, they have a few branded ones but the H.D. has the rep for being the most forgiving and the one that graduates)
Deposit I think is still $300

Both have no AF, which IMO a must

If you qualify to join Navy FCU = Do it
Their secured CC is great, I don't list it higher because the deposit is $500 and push come to shove again IMO if 💰 is tight it's better to secure 2 TLs with the same $500 vs blowing on one
The goal is 3 TL's * It should be noted if one can only secure the 2 fine age them 7 months then app Navy, their great to young profiles.

Same with Discover, if you can only secure the 2 ahead and age the two 7-8 months then app the Discover ( and sometimes AmEx) they like to get in early with clean young files vs being # 6,7 to young files just an FYI

Good Luck
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help with secured credit card

So th discover card is my best bet with a 200$ deposit a month and barely use it and pay it off, and after 8 month they will review my CP again

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.