Frequent Contributor

Re: Need help!!!

A new*** set of TL
Message 11 of 21
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Melanie220 wrote:
I had a lot of collection accts when I applied back in March. The only outstanding debt that I do have is my student loans which are a little over $5000 and my two unpaid collections accts totaling $200.00 my student loans are all paid as agreed. The reason I have so many TL from them is because they were sold thus creating a me set of TL. My scores right now are EQ 561 my lowest score pulled thru my fico, TU 596 pulled here, and EX pulled thru EX direct website 612. My Quizzle EX is like 638. I don't have my reason for denial letter but I do remember them referencing my charged off acct. I don't bank with a CU and my bank doesn't offer Secured Cards. The remaining CAs will not budge with GW. I have tried on several different occasions. I kind of feel like I'm stuck?!?

You're never stuck just slowed a bit try what revelate wrote I think its good info

@Revelate wrote:

Apply for SDFCU, and take their secured card.  No HP for membership, and they don't even pull credit for their secured card (minimum $250), and it's way better than OpenSky/CreditOne and similar.

$0 AF, some flat 1% rewards structure, no forex fee, no HP to open, EMV chipped too if you have to travel internationally for whatever reason; it's nearly ideal, just doesn't get much press.

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 21
Melanie220
Frequent Contributor

Just finished signing up online! Guess I'll have to wait until Tuesday to see if I can try for the secured card! Wish me luck Smiley Happy and thanks!!!
Message 13 of 21
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Melanie220 wrote:
Just finished signing up online! Guess I'll have to wait until Tuesday to see if I can try for the secured card! Wish me luck Smiley Happy and thanks!!!

Good luck fingers on both hands crossed and be sure and let us know Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 14 of 21
Melanie220
Frequent Contributor

Sure will! Thank you guys SOOO much!
Message 15 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

This Secured Card reports to credit?

What kind of criteria do they have for unsecured products? do they review the secured card for unsecured later?

I also just opened a savings account... I have not heard of this before... Thanks tons!

Message 16 of 21
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

What kind of criteria do they have for unsecured products? do they review the secured card for unsecured later?

I also just opened a savings account... I have not heard of this before... Thanks tons!

Ask revelate send a PM

revelate had all the info But with all those great cards you and the partner have I know you don't need a secured card!

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 17 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Ask revelate send a PM

revelate had all the info But with all those great cards you and the partner have I know you don't need a secured card!

I'm thinking CA wants this info. for friens if needed in the future.

Also I dont think it needs to be private, Revelate can you comment on CA's question here. Thanks!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 18 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Ask revelate send a PM

yes partner and i have some great cards but i have messed up some of my own stuff so like to build relationships places and yes I do help a lot of friends out and seeing the rates im a little gobbsmacked.... they look better then Navy... Where is the catch.... maybe I can break off... don't mean to take away from this thread.

Message 19 of 21
myjourney
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Ask revelate send a PM

I'm thinking CA wants this info. for friens if needed in the future.

Also I dont think it needs to be private, Revelate can you comment on CA's question here. Thanks!

Just meant so as not to jack OP thread thats all

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.