Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need info on Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature

tag
NCGirl
New Contributor

Need info on Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature

Okay, just as I went into the garden I received a pre-select offer for the Citi HH Visa Signature. Basically the only other personal card I want is a visa signature. But I'm in the gardent until October-Nov.

Anyway, I'm hoping that they will send me another offer in the fall. But if anyone already has this card can you tell me if the rewards are worth it. 

The offer I received says, I'll get 3 HHonors Bonus points per dollar spent on grocery, drugstore and gas - and 2 HHonors points per dollar spent on everything else.

My question is are the bonus point only eligible for hotel stays or would I be able to purchase gift cards, or even apply bonus points to my bill? Thanks for any help I can receive on this.

Starting Score: 689
Current Score: 689
Goal Score: 770

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Amex BCE, Discover, FNBO AMEX, Citi Dividend Platinum Select Visa, Blue for Business
(In the garden until November 2013)
Next card Visa Signature - World Elite MC(Business)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pkosheta
Contributor

Re: Need info on Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature

This card is terrible. Just say no. Of the 4 honors cards it is the worst. The citi reserve is the best if and only if you spend 10k+ a year on it OR you stay at Hilton's enough to make gold worth it. Visa sigs are a dime a dozen and feel free to go after a different one because preselected means absolutely nothing. They will still run your credit and deny you if they do not like what they see.
Age 29
AU- United+ Visa 33k, *97. GM MasterCard 15k, *95.
Individual- PenFed Plat Rew 7k, *08. Amex Blue 6.7k, *12. Hilton Amex 5.5k, *12. Chase Sapphire 15k, *12. U.S. Bank Cash+ 12.3k, *12. Barclays Priceline.com Rewards Visa 11k, *13. Citi DoubleCash (PC'd in *14) 7k, *13. Club Carlson Premier 9k, *13.
Message 2 of 5
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Hi, I have had this card for awhile (I am a Hilton guy) the continuing Gold Honors status is the  ONLY plus to this card, and since I "live" in Hilton's for work it is a great card for me. That being said the point tier is HORRIBLE, I had the Amex Surpass which if you are looking for points is the BEST card with Hilton Honors (you are only Gold for a year and then roll back to silver). Since you are looking at Visa Signatures stay away, unless you are a Hilton person... Good luck with finding one you like, there are many "signatures" out there!!

Message 3 of 5
jsucool76
Super Contributor

If you have any limits above 5k i would just call up the bank and see if they'll change you from a platinum to a sig. Better than applying for a new card imho.
Message 4 of 5
NCGirl
New Contributor

Thanks everyone, I'm not going to be applying for anything right now. Just wanted to check on this since I know that the next card I apply for will be a visa sig. I'm am glad I asked about this one though. I travel a lot, but since I'm self employed I don't stay at the Hilton for work, more like the Holiday Inn. I stay at the Hilton for conferences or vacation, so I don't think I'll rack up enough points to make this one work for me. You all are wonderful! :-)

Starting Score: 689
Current Score: 689
Goal Score: 770

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Amex BCE, Discover, FNBO AMEX, Citi Dividend Platinum Select Visa, Blue for Business
(In the garden until November 2013)
Next card Visa Signature - World Elite MC(Business)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.