Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need more info about US Bank Cash+ before applying. Help plz

tag
pt2005
Regular Contributor

Need more info about US Bank Cash+ before applying. Help plz

Hi all,

I'm tempting to apply for the US Bank Cash+ as joined account with my husband.

My scores are about 660 and his are in the 700-720.

My overall credit limit is about 9K, and his is 24K Our combined income is about $150K.

Do we have a chance at this card?

Thanks

FICO Scores 8: EX 731, EQ 731, TU 725

Credit Cards: Chase Freedom 9.5K | AMEX TrueEarnings 4.5K | Cap1 Venture Visa 3.5K | Cap1 QS MC 3.5K | Discover IT 1K | Cap1 Spark Cash 15K | AMEX SimplyCash 9K

Store: PayPal SmartConnect 10K | JCP 5.2K | Banana 3.3K | Walmart 4.5K | Kohls 1.5K | TargetRED 200
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Need more info about US Bank Cash+ before applying. Help plz

Id be above 680 before applying. it use to be the minimum credit score before they even begin to review further credit stuff... been about 3-4 yeas since I heard if this is still  thing.

Message 2 of 3
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Need more info about US Bank Cash+ before applying. Help plz

It seems like a shot in the dark, but they will instead offer you a regular cash rewards card. After 6 months you can have the limit raised to $5,000. Then once it is over $5,000 you can request a change to the Cash+. Lengthy process.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.