Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need one more card, need suggestions

tag
woozy
Contributor

Need one more card, need suggestions

I just read the thread asking whether to apply for cards all at once, or a bit at a time. It makes perfect sense to do it quickly so the inq. all fall off at the same time. THANKS! You guys rock.

My score is is the 720's-730's, but I have a 7 year space with no new lines, all of the score is from old tradelines.

I app'ed HSBC, got it. $2000. I app'ed Nordies Visa, deeeeenied. I app'ed Discover, got a 7 day message,

I want to try for one or two more.

Any suggestions for cards I can get that are interested in score but forgiving of light credit use?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Need one more card, need suggestions

Macy's and you would probably get the visa too if you apply in store
Message 2 of 13
DI
Super Contributor

Try Kroger 123.  www.krogerpersonalfinance.com.  If there's no Kroger in your area maybe one of it's family of stores are.  

Message 3 of 13
woozy
Contributor

I'm 3 blocks from Kroger and a few miles from a giant Macys. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 13
larrylock
Valued Member

Woozy, not sure if this is relevant, but when I applied at Macy's the clerk told me that due to the new CC laws that Macy's likes to see if you have a major CC.  He stated that it use to be easy to get in store credit but the new laws have changed how they process new applications.

The clerk asked me for a major card in order to process the app and swiped it to ensure the billing address matched the address I gave him.  Turns out my CL was equal to the CapOne card I gave him to swipe. Coincidence? Who knows.

Starting Score: EQ 550 TU 551
Current Score: EQ 828 TU 833 EX 832
Mortgage Scores: EQ 795 TU 780 EX 778
Goal Score: EQ 720 TU 730 (Time for new goals!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 13
woozy
Contributor

I got the Kroger!!!!!!!!!! Happy Dance! Smiley Very Happy

It didn't say how much, and I don't much care.

larrylock wrote:

Woozy, not sure if this is relevant, but when I applied at Macy's the clerk told me that due to the new CC laws that Macy's likes to see if you have a major CC.  He stated that it use to be easy to get in store credit but the new laws have changed how they process new applications.

The clerk asked me for a major card in order to process the app and swiped it to ensure the billing address matched the address I gave him.  Turns out my CL was equal to the CapOne card I gave him to swipe. Coincidence? Who knows.

I'll wait until my HSBC comes and use that. Does the Macys have an annual fee?

Message 6 of 13
DI
Super Contributor

@woozy wrote:

@larrylock wrote:

Congrats!  I'm on fire with advice today!!  You can call the toll free numbe rto get the credit line. 

Message 7 of 13
larrylock
Valued Member

@woozy wrote:

@larrylock wrote:

No annual fee on Macy's

Starting Score: EQ 550 TU 551
Current Score: EQ 828 TU 833 EX 832
Mortgage Scores: EQ 795 TU 780 EX 778
Goal Score: EQ 720 TU 730 (Time for new goals!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

most in store credit apps ask for major credit card to verify identity, they can only get address from it i believe, they wouldn't be able to see CL etc.
Message 9 of 13
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

Kroger 1-2-3 is a vastly underrated card!

They keep adding gas stations all the time and you can get 10-15 cents off per gallon if you use the card.

And the Customer Service is excellent.

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.