Contributor
woozy

Need one more card, need suggestions

I just read the thread asking whether to apply for cards all at once, or a bit at a time. It makes perfect sense to do it quickly so the inq. all fall off at the same time. THANKS! You guys rock.

My score is is the 720's-730's, but I have a 7 year space with no new lines, all of the score is from old tradelines.

I app'ed HSBC, got it. $2000. I app'ed Nordies Visa, deeeeenied. I app'ed Discover, got a 7 day message,

I want to try for one or two more.

Any suggestions for cards I can get that are interested in score but forgiving of light credit use?

Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Need one more card, need suggestions

Macy's and you would probably get the visa too if you apply in store
Fico Scores: EQ 657 Cabelas, TU 662 Walmart, EX 699 Wells (07-27-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Express $300
Over 40 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Super Contributor
DI

Try Kroger 123.  www.krogerpersonalfinance.com.  If there's no Kroger in your area maybe one of it's family of stores are.  

Contributor
woozy

I'm 3 blocks from Kroger and a few miles from a giant Macys. :smileyhappy:

Valued Member
larrylock

Woozy, not sure if this is relevant, but when I applied at Macy's the clerk told me that due to the new CC laws that Macy's likes to see if you have a major CC.  He stated that it use to be easy to get in store credit but the new laws have changed how they process new applications.

The clerk asked me for a major card in order to process the app and swiped it to ensure the billing address matched the address I gave him.  Turns out my CL was equal to the CapOne card I gave him to swipe. Coincidence? Who knows.

Starting Score: EQ 550 TU 551
Current Score: 5/2010 EQ 712 5/2010 TU 711
Goal Score: EQ 720 TU 730

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor
woozy

I got the Kroger!!!!!!!!!! Happy Dance! :smileyvery-happy:

It didn't say how much, and I don't much care.

larrylock wrote:

Woozy, not sure if this is relevant, but when I applied at Macy's the clerk told me that due to the new CC laws that Macy's likes to see if you have a major CC.  He stated that it use to be easy to get in store credit but the new laws have changed how they process new applications.

The clerk asked me for a major card in order to process the app and swiped it to ensure the billing address matched the address I gave him.  Turns out my CL was equal to the CapOne card I gave him to swipe. Coincidence? Who knows.

I'll wait until my HSBC comes and use that. Does the Macys have an annual fee?

Super Contributor
DI

woozy wrote:

larrylock wrote:

Congrats!  I'm on fire with advice today!!  You can call the toll free numbe rto get the credit line. 

Valued Member
larrylock

woozy wrote:

larrylock wrote:

No annual fee on Macy's

Starting Score: EQ 550 TU 551
Current Score: 5/2010 EQ 712 5/2010 TU 711
Goal Score: EQ 720 TU 730

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

most in store credit apps ask for major credit card to verify identity, they can only get address from it i believe, they wouldn't be able to see CL etc.
Fico Scores: EQ 657 Cabelas, TU 662 Walmart, EX 699 Wells (07-27-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Express $300
Over 40 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Frequent Contributor
jaysdad2k

Kroger 1-2-3 is a vastly underrated card!

They keep adding gas stations all the time and you can get 10-15 cents off per gallon if you use the card.

And the Customer Service is excellent.

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+