Did you mean: 

Need one more card, need suggestions

tag
armymom
Regular Contributor

Re: Need one more card, need suggestions

@woozy wrote:

I got the Kroger!!!!!!!!!! Happy Dance! Smiley Very Happy

It didn't say how much, and I don't much care.

@larrylock wrote:

Woozy, not sure if this is relevant, but when I applied at Macy's the clerk told me that due to the new CC laws that Macy's likes to see if you have a major CC.  He stated that it use to be easy to get in store credit but the new laws have changed how they process new applications.

The clerk asked me for a major card in order to process the app and swiped it to ensure the billing address matched the address I gave him.  Turns out my CL was equal to the CapOne card I gave him to swipe. Coincidence? Who knows.

I'll wait until my HSBC comes and use that. Does the Macys have an annual fee?

A debit card will work in place of a credit card to open a Macy's account. 

Filed BK 07/07/15 Discharged 10/07/15
Starting scores 11/2015 EQ 567 TU 487 EX 531
Current scores 02/2017 EQ 649, TU 642, EX 651

Cap 1 QS 5000 Cap 1 QS 6500, PenFed Promise 2500, NFCU GoRewards 8000 NFCU CLOC 4000
In the garden until 2018
Message 11 of 13
woozy
Contributor

armymom wrote:

I have debit cards.

I'd really like to get that Macys card. My HSBC will be here any day, but it'll be a brand new tradeline.

Heh. This game is more fun when they'll actually give you something. Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

woozy wrote:

armymom wrote:

I have debit cards.

I'd really like to get that Macys card. My HSBC will be here any day, but it'll be a brand new tradeline.

Heh. This game is more fun when they'll actually give you something. Smiley Wink

Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.