cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need opinions on what I would qualify for...

tag
drewrico
New Contributor

Re: Need opinions on what I would qualify for...

Chase card finder didnt have any prequalified offers for me. Smiley Sad 

Walmart card is fairly easy to get approved for? I do have quite a few inquiries though... also, for some reason when i got my it card, it said my equifax was 639. however i recieved my penfed denial letter and it said my equifax was 559? why would there be such a huge drop if they were pulled a day apart?

Message 11 of 20
mirachi
Regular Contributor

@drewrico wrote:

Walmart card is fairly easy to get approved for? I do have quite a few inquiries though... also, for some reason when i got my it card, it said my equifax was 639. however i recieved my penfed denial letter and it said my equifax was 559? why would there be such a huge drop if they were pulled a day apart?

Did you have any other cc apps in between?

Last app 5/7/2014

No apps until 3/31/2016!
Message 12 of 20
drewrico
New Contributor

no, literally a day apart.

Message 13 of 20
drewrico
New Contributor

How about an amex charge card? 

Message 14 of 20
ukimafija
Regular Contributor

You don't need any more cards, so far from what i've read, you just need to pay the cards 8-12 months until you get  a year+  of credit experience, ask for a CLI after 6 months on all the cards. Stop getting those toy limit cards. Build a history and than get real prime cards. I got my Freedom visa Signature at 5400 after a year of credit History 730CS. After that is easy, prime cards only 5+K

BOA Cash Rewards Visa Sig. 12K; BOA Travel Rewards Visa Sig 5K, US Bank Cash+ 11.5K, AMEX BCE 6200, AMEX BLUE Sky 7K, Chase Freedom Visa Sig. 5400, Fort Knox FCU Visa Platinum 2500; CAP ONE Cash Rewards WORLD MC 5K

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 747
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 20
dodgeball
Established Contributor

@drewrico wrote:

Most people on this board dont know it but Penfed does not use a Fico score, they have a internal scoring model that they use. If you want a Amex branded card with your score I would recomend BofA Amex they tend to pull Transunion.

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 16 of 20
toppers555
Established Contributor

I would recommend taking care of the high utilization before applying for any more cards. 

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 17 of 20
Imua
Frequent Contributor

since you already have 2 discover cards, it would seem sam's or walmart might not be your first choice (you indicated you wanted visa or amex, and both sam's and walmart are associated with discover)

i personally don't have experience with costco (and the costco amex), so i don't know what credit scores they approve, but maybe some other posters can chime in if they think you would qualify for costco amex.

if it were me, with 2 discovers, i would probably go for visa before amex... just because discover and amex are not accepted everywhere (i would want either a visa or MC to use just in case).

i would suggest chase freedom (they have both MC and visa versions).  but only after getting your utilization down

EDIT:  oooops! hit the post button before i finished my thoughts!

Message 18 of 20
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@toppers555 wrote:

I would recommend taking care of the high utilization before applying for any more cards. 

yes!
this is a good rule of thumb for almost any situation Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 20
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I think the Chase card finder wouldn't have anything for me either since I had to do a recon so you could still get approved. When I was approved for the Freedom, the rep barked over my 28% utility since I paid in full after the statement cut this month. So if you get your Utl down, you can probably get approved then.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.