New Contributor
drewrico

Re: Need opinions on what I would qualify for...

Chase card finder didnt have any prequalified offers for me. :smileysad: 

Walmart card is fairly easy to get approved for? I do have quite a few inquiries though... also, for some reason when i got my it card, it said my equifax was 639. however i recieved my penfed denial letter and it said my equifax was 559? why would there be such a huge drop if they were pulled a day apart?

Contributor
mirachi

drewrico wrote:

Walmart card is fairly easy to get approved for? I do have quite a few inquiries though... also, for some reason when i got my it card, it said my equifax was 639. however i recieved my penfed denial letter and it said my equifax was 559? why would there be such a huge drop if they were pulled a day apart?

Did you have any other cc apps in between?

Last app 2/5/2014

No apps until 3/31/2016!
New Contributor
drewrico

no, literally a day apart.

New Contributor
drewrico

How about an amex charge card? 

Regular Contributor
ukimafija

You don't need any more cards, so far from what i've read, you just need to pay the cards 8-12 months until you get  a year+  of credit experience, ask for a CLI after 6 months on all the cards. Stop getting those toy limit cards. Build a history and than get real prime cards. I got my Freedom visa Signature at 5400 after a year of credit History 730CS. After that is easy, prime cards only 5+K

BOA Cash Rewards Visa Sig. 12K; BOA Travel Rewards Visa Sig 5K, US Bank Cash+ 11.5K, AMEX BCE 6200, AMEX BLUE Sky 7K, Chase Freedom Visa Sig. 5400, Fort Knox FCU Visa Platinum 2500; CAP ONE Cash Rewards WORLD MC 5K

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 747
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
dodgeball

[ Edited ]

drewrico wrote:

Most people on this board dont know it but Penfed does not use a Fico score, they have a internal scoring model that they use. If you want a Amex branded card with your score I would recomend BofA Amex they tend to pull Transunion.

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Established Contributor
toppers555

I would recommend taking care of the high utilization before applying for any more cards. 

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Frequent Contributor
Imua

[ Edited ]

since you already have 2 discover cards, it would seem sam's or walmart might not be your first choice (you indicated you wanted visa or amex, and both sam's and walmart are associated with discover)

i personally don't have experience with costco (and the costco amex), so i don't know what credit scores they approve, but maybe some other posters can chime in if they think you would qualify for costco amex.

if it were me, with 2 discovers, i would probably go for visa before amex... just because discover and amex are not accepted everywhere (i would want either a visa or MC to use just in case).

i would suggest chase freedom (they have both MC and visa versions).  but only after getting your utilization down

EDIT:  oooops! hit the post button before i finished my thoughts!

BofA visa $9.4k ... BofA Cash Rewards visa sig $10k ... Cap 1 Venture1 visa sig $10k ...
Chase Freedom MC $10k ... Macy's $1.5k ... Macy's Amex $5k ... Sam's Club $6.3k
myFICOs as of 3/25/14:...EX=809 .... EQ=802....TU=787
Frequent Contributor
Imua

toppers555 wrote:

I would recommend taking care of the high utilization before applying for any more cards. 

yes!
this is a good rule of thumb for almost any situation :smileyhappy:

BofA visa $9.4k ... BofA Cash Rewards visa sig $10k ... Cap 1 Venture1 visa sig $10k ...
Chase Freedom MC $10k ... Macy's $1.5k ... Macy's Amex $5k ... Sam's Club $6.3k
myFICOs as of 3/25/14:...EX=809 .... EQ=802....TU=787
Valued Contributor
MovingForward_2012

I think the Chase card finder wouldn't have anything for me either since I had to do a recon so you could still get approved. When I was approved for the Freedom, the rep barked over my 28% utility since I paid in full after the statement cut this month. So if you get your Utl down, you can probably get approved then.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! :smileyhappy: Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+