Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need opinions please - Cap1 QS1 to QS or V1

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need opinions please - Cap1 QS1 to QS or V1

Like the title says, I have an upgrade available. Who has done the math on 1.5% vs. 1.25 miles? I fly often and have a couple 100K miles with 2 airlines normally sitting in my rewards accounts. Just looking to see what is the best deal.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Need opinions please - Cap1 QS1 to QS or V1

@Anonymous wrote:

Like the title says, I have an upgrade available. Who has done the math on 1.5% vs. 1.25 miles? I fly often and have a couple 100K miles with 2 airlines normally sitting in my rewards accounts. Just looking to see what is the best deal.

Quicksilver without a question.   Smiley Happy

If you go with QS, you get 1.5% that you can use on anything (including your flights).  If you go with the V1, you will get 1.25% that will have restricted redemption - there is no conversion to actual frequent flier miles.

There are actually very few times a PC to a Venture One makes sense, because you end up with a lower reward rate no matter how you figure it.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Again, I'm +1 with Uncle B
I just did this upgrade with morning
QS1 to either QS vs V1.... not even close for me.

I'm Slooooow cash back is easy for me to follow, I can use it how I want when I want without formulas

You are better off you say you already have 100s of thousands of miles anyway, why get Stuck with more when the QS allows you the flexibility to convert to miles IF desired but otherwise you can put gas in your automobile or buy groceries....I'm sure you do that more often.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quicksilver hands down. Venture/VentureOne is tied down to only travel. While I do have a new Venture at the moment and while the "2 miles" per dollar is great (since I travel a lot), it will be PC'd to a QS before the AF hit. The V1 and QS1 aren't worth as much as the regular QS Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 13
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

What does pc stand for

Total Credit Line- $89,300| Personal- $78,650 | Biz- $5,650
Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 5 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Random_idiot wrote:
What does pc stand for

Product change.

It's when an issuer changes your card from one program to another, but you keep the same account number and history.

Here's a link to common abbreviations used on the forum:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/Common-Abbreviations/m-p/88458#U88458

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's not often that I am the contrarian voice, but you may want to consider the V1, at least for a while - reason being that if your CL qualifies (none of this matters if your CL is less than $5000) it will be a WMC, whereas the QS will likely remain a standard card (opinon based based on my recent PC to QS with a $7k CL - I was hoping for WMC and did not get) - you can then PC again to QS ins 6 months, and keep the WMC

Message 7 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's not often that I am the contrarian voice, but you may want to consider the V1, at least for a while - reason being that if your CL qualifies (none of this matters if your CL is less than $5000) it will be a WMC, whereas the QS will likely remain a standard card (opinon based based on my recent PC to QS with a $7k CL - I was hoping for WMC and did not get) - you can then PC again to QS ins 6 months, and keep the WMC

Actually to get a WMC is the one of the only reasons I can think of to go with the V1 (temporarily).  Smiley Happy

That being said, I always thought that if the WMC option/upgrade was available for the Venture One it would be available for a PC to Quicksilver as well (assuming the credit line is over $5k), but I guess that might not always be the case. 

I'm fairly sure I've read of people going from QS1 to QS with a credit line over $5k and it coming as a WMC, but perhaps it's YMMV.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Actually to get a WMC is the one of the only reasons I can think of to go with the V1 (temporarily).  Smiley Happy

That being said, I always thought that if the WMC option/upgrade was available for the Venture One it would be available for a PC to Quicksilver as well (assuming the credit line is over $5k), but I guess that might not always be the case. 

I'm fairly sure I've read of people going from QS1 to QS with a credit line over $5k and it coming as a WMC, but perhaps it's YMMV.

Mine was Plat to QS, so my mileage may be on a completely different road

Message 9 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Mine was Plat to QS, so my mileage may be on a completely different road

LOL... sometimes I think the road is continually being repaved, so it's always a different road!  Smiley Very Happy

That's the 'fun' part about this stuff... just when you think you have it all figured out, they change it all up again.  Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.