Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some Gurus : )) Balance Transfer as an Authorized User - Chase Slate

tag
billyboo
Established Member

Need some Gurus : )) Balance Transfer as an Authorized User - Chase Slate

Just wondering Gurus...

If i accept the application to apply for the Chase Slate Visa for the 0% into Balance Transfer period. Can i request the amount to be transferred to a Bank of America CC that my husband is a primary account holder and I'm just a Authorized user? I would be taking on the new debt on new Chase Slate Card and husbands score for would improve due to lowered utilization. Any thoughts?  Is is possible?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Need some Gurus : )) Balance Transfer as an Authorized User - Chase Slate

I don't think it matters, as they only see an account number and the amount you tell them to pay, and they pretty much just EFT a payment to the other bank. But hopefully others can chime in.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 7
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

It doesn't matter whose name a card is in. The only thing your going to need is the account number which is the number on the card, name of the bank/lender and occasionally but rarely the payment address.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 3 of 7
DantGwyrdd
Frequent Contributor

That should be fine. I don't know if it would make a difference, but I'd use his card's number as the account number as opposed to yours (if they're different) just to be safe.

Message 4 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@billyboo wrote:

Just wondering Gurus...

If i accept the application to apply for the Chase Slate Visa for the 0% into Balance Transfer period. Can i request the amount to be transferred to a Bank of America CC that my husband is a primary account holder and I'm just a Authorized user? I would be taking on the new debt on new Chase Slate Card and husbands score for would improve due to lowered utilization. Any thoughts?  Is is possible?

Good to go!

Message 5 of 7
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Anybody's card, but mine would be great Smiley Tongue

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 6 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@billyboo wrote:

Can i request the amount to be transferred to a Bank of America CC that my husband is a primary account holder and I'm just a Authorized user?

Sure.  Being an AU doesn't really matter.  You could transfer even if you were not an AU on his (or another person's) card.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.