Need some advice about NFCU credit card increase limit chances?

about 6 months ago I got my credit limit increase by the bank to $2,500 and if I apply for increase CL this time for maybe to $3,500-$4,500. Will I see any chances to get approve ? I dont want to get any more hard pull since I just bought a new car last month I'm already using 70% of card but this is for something really emengery that i need to take care of. Thank you in advance 

Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Need some advice about NFCU credit card increase limit chances?

Jelisa87 wrote:

about 6 months ago I got my credit limit increase by the bank to $2,500 and if I apply for increase CL this time for maybe to $3,500-$4,500. Will I see any chances to get approve ? I dont want to get any more hard pull since I just bought a new car last month I'm already using 70% of card but this is for something really emengery that i need to take care of. Thank you in advance 

Welcome to the forum

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13

Valued Contributor

Welcome to the forum..... Without going Into a tonof details.... But there is a huge thread by "Creditaddict", on official NFCU CLI. Go back to the credit card board, and at the top... You'll see the official thread for it. It's long, but totally worth the read!!! It has all the information and more that you'll need. Maybe Creditaddict will also chime in here too:smileyhappy: seriously though.... Go read it so you can become familiar with how NFCU works!!! Good luck:smileyhappy:
(BK7 d/c:08/19/13~FICO-400's)---> EQ 640,EX 666,TU 657
$85,680 avail credit- plus a $15k LOC
Total revolving credit reporting is 1%

Thank you :smileywink:

Valued Contributor

Btw.... I read it in one sitting. It has grown, but I encourage you to read it literally from the start first post. I'm obsessed now, ANC I go back and reread that thread all the time to keep me in the garden till its time for me to ask!! :smileywink: lol!!!
(BK7 d/c:08/19/13~FICO-400's)---> EQ 640,EX 666,TU 657
$85,680 avail credit- plus a $15k LOC
Total revolving credit reporting is 1%
Epic Contributor

Jelisa87 wrote:

I would go ahead and go online and request an increase (just do it during business hours) if you get a 3-5 day message, just simply call up and ask them to "withdraw your CLI request" and they will and no hp will be done.

BUT since you are going to do a CLI go ahead and ask for the full amount Navy allows if you are elligible for sp cli $25k! next screen will pop back a counter offer up to the max you can get... you might be surprised just HOW high they go above that $3500 you are hoping for!!

Fico Scores: EQ- 668 DCU., TU 704 Best Buy, EX 700 Chase (2/5/15)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
67 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:

I got increased cl to 75k within 2 mins , just wow !! Thanks

Epic Contributor

Jelisa87 wrote:

I got increased cl to 75k within 2 mins , just wow !! Thanks

$7500? Was that counter?

Fico Scores: EQ- 668 DCU., TU 704 Best Buy, EX 700 Chase (2/5/15)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
67 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:

on the phone and i only ask for 35k but they give me that I'm qualify for 75k and immediately added to to my card , 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jelisa87 wrote:

on the phone and i only ask for 35k but they give me that I'm qualify for 75k and immediately added to to my card , 

I think Creditaddict fell off his seat seeing that huge CLI$.  Maybe he bumped his head and is letting the ice reduce the swelling...LOL.  Although NFCU is known for their generous CLIs, I find it interesting that the card went from a mere $2,500 to $75,000 in a snap.... or, OP, did you mean...$7,500?

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.