Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some advice please!!!

tag
hardworker77
Contributor

Need some advice please!!!

Last week I applied for a Chase Freedom card, so I get the dreaded 7-10 day message. I thought maybe it was because I have a fraud alert. Fast forward to today, I get a letter in the mail stating that I was DECLINED due to Bad debt collections. So I called the back door number and spoke to a real nice lady. I explained that the 3 collections were due to having my son and  my insurance didn't pay them(also I pay them every month). She says no problem, then she updated my application. She asked me my income, last addresses, time on job, do I own/rent, and how much my mortgage is. Well after all of that she comes back to the phone to tell me that she is going to fully recommend my application but it has to go through another dept. Well the dept is closed for the night so she tells me to give them a call first thing in the morning. Do I even have a shot????? Any advice is helpful...Thanks.    UPDATE!!!!!!!!! Well I called the # to check on app. Status and CONGRAZ I have been approved for 1800 CL, not to bad. Thanks to all the people on here with their recon success stories. I could not have done it without you. Should receive my welcome packet in 7-10 days. Don't give up on a recon. It's worth itSmiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
laboi_22
Established Contributor

Re: Need some advice please!!!

Sounds like you have a shot. You will get a low limit though with a high APR but I think you will get it. If they went through all that verification. Of course what Chase's decision will be? No one here will know until you find out and then update us.
Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 2 of 8
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

Sure you have a shot. A sure thing no, but she didnt tell you no. They could ask you to supply docs on income and such. Just never know how these companies will come down. They may very well issue you a freedom with a low starter limit, but it will get you in the door. Good luck with it and let us know how it comes out.
Message 3 of 8
ppiresny
Contributor

Yes you have a shot, they told me this too and the next day I logged in and my freedom card was listed on my account. It seems as long as they recommend you, you are golden.

TU 708 EQ 690 EX 708(FCR)

Portfolio
Amex Zync NPSL,Amex Blue Cash Everyday $2700,Barclaycard iTunes rewards $2500,Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000,GAP Visa $1250,Express Store card $750,Dell Preferred Account $1500,Discover More $3000,Citi Diamond Preferred $9000,Chase Freedom $1500,Wells Fargo Auto Loan $19,000 @ 11%
Message 4 of 8
hardworker77
Contributor

Thanks guys you all give me hope!!!!!!! I hope everything works out a 500 limit is better than nothing. I would love to get my foot in the door. I was so nervous to call, but I didn't want to waste an inquiry. I'm going to call first thing in that a.m. I'll keep you guys posted. I LOVE MYFICO....Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
journey258
Frequent Contributor

I was "recommended" after reconning a denial also. The next day got a call to verify some info and was informed I was approved. Only $1000 limit but I was happy to have it. 

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 6 of 8
bribro
Valued Contributor

I'd say it's more likely than not that you'll get approved. Good luck.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 7 of 8
hardworker77
Contributor

UPDATE!!!! Called and spoke to Chris this a.m. and he says that he will resubmit application and I should receive a letter in the mail in 7-10 days. That to me does not sound too good. I thought he had the power to reverse the decision right than. Well if I get something in the mail that I don't like than I WILL CALL BACK!!! Anybody else have a similar story????

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.