Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some information???

tag
cmacwvu
Established Member

Need some information???

I just went jewelry shopping for my girlfriend and family for XMas.  I went by a Bailey Banks and Biddle and saw that they were having a huge sale.  I was not aware that they filed chapter 13.  The available credit line they gave me was 8K, but I am not sure with them 

going into Chapter 13 if this would even go to a credit bureau or if this hurts me or helps me.  Anybody have any information if apping with a bankrupt company is bad.  Now that I have it sounds like a bad idea to me.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Need some information???

When Circuit City went bankrupt, Chase closed my card.  There won't be any affects to your FICO scores if they become BK.  You only risk the card getting closed.  If the stores closes you won't be able to utilize the card.  It would become a dormant tradeline.   It seems strange they're issuing new credit during a BK. 
Message Edited by DI on 11-11-2009 07:20 PM
Message 2 of 3
cmacwvu
Established Member

Re: Need some information???

Thanks for the info DI.  So basically once they finalize their bk my card will be closed and I will lose the 8k for my available utilaization?  Again, thanks for the info and it also suprised me that they gave a new credit line after I got home and did research on the company and their situation as of late. 
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.