cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to apply for credit card to buy washer/dryer which retailer CC is most lenient?

tag
homewardbound
Contributor

Re: Need to apply for credit card to buy washer/dryer which retailer CC is most lenient?

I hear ya, I can't stand being treated like scum because I had to file BK, there are so many different reasons one is forced to file for bankruptcy that you simply can't judge.  I have a high salary, always pay my bills on time every single month and have no debt whatsoever for over 4 years now.  Home Depot is the biggest loser, not us!
Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need to apply for credit card to buy washer/dryer which retailer CC is most lenient?

I agree with Wndrwmn...check out Craigs list and local garage sales for a good used set before you buy new. My daughter recently bought a new w/d set and listed her good used set on Craigs as "free/just pick up". Also the garage sales I've hit lately all seem to have nice appliances at really good prices. I'm in a high foreclosure area and many people are having huge moving sales and selling their items at a fraction of their cost.

The used items should last you  long enough for your mortgage to age enough for you to apply for any credit you want.

Good luck and congratulations on your new home!!!

Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Am wanting to get a new washer but can't seem to get any credit with Sears, Home Depot or any other major applliance dealer.

Message 23 of 28
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Am wanting to get a new washer but can't seem to get any credit with Sears, Home Depot or any other major applliance dealer.

Hello, and welcome to the forums!

Could you give us an idea of what your credit profile currently looks like. That way, we'll be better able to make recommendations. Do you know your FICO scores? If not, you can get them here at myFICO. Do you know what's on your reports? How many active and/or closed accounts do you have, and of what types? Any dereogatory information -- lates, charge-offs, collections, etc.?

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@homewardbound wrote:
Thanks, I know I would not dare do it before I close, I am just trying to be prepared for closing day because the new house does not have a washer and dryer, and I have a pair of 4 year old twins, so needless to say, I need a washer and dryer!!  I was going to go to the store right after I close on Friday and whoever is willing to give me the best 0% financing deal, I will go with that retailer, I am just trying to avoid a ton of work and several credit pulls.

Wouldn't that be quadruplets?  **shakes in fear**

Message 25 of 28
brandthin
New Visitor

I'm kind of a newbie too in the whole washing machine buying category so I need a little bit of help here!  I want a nice washer but I also don't want to spend a billion dollars (doesn't everybody?)  So I was hoping for a little advice and suggestions about buying a little bit cheaper washer that's still pretty high quality if that makes sense.  I found this site best washers and it was good to read some information about each washer.  I'm thinking about buying the LG WT5070 but i'm not sure if that's the best washer for the price.  Any help or suggestions would be great, thanks guys. 

Message 26 of 28
flyingace
Valued Member

@brandthin wrote:

I'm kind of a newbie too in the whole washing machine buying category so I need a little bit of help here!  I want a nice washer but I also don't want to spend a billion dollars (doesn't everybody?)  So I was hoping for a little advice and suggestions about buying a little bit cheaper washer that's still pretty high quality if that makes sense.  I found this site best washers and it was good to read some information about each washer.  I'm thinking about buying the LG WT5070 but i'm not sure if that's the best washer for the price.  Any help or suggestions would be great, thanks guys. 

LOL, this is a credit forum, not a washing machine forum.. but any questions about financing, and I'm all ears. 

In my Snoopy holder: NFCU Flagship Sig Visa-- $11K | Chase Freedom -- $2500 | AMEX BCE -- $2000 | Amazon Visa -- $2000 | Discover It $1500| Old Navy Visa -- $1000 | Target Red Card -- $300

TU (Disc Pull 4/29/13) -- 752 | AmexEQ (6/13/13) -- 728 | AmexEXP-- 737 | AmexTU-- 737 (5/28/13)
Goals: 740 EQ/EXP/TU
Gardening until 12/3/13 -- or longer
Message 27 of 28
knoregs
Established Contributor

Always love seeing a 3 year old thread dredged up and then grow new legs. Smiley Tongue

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.